Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a 2012 GTR with a full tubi exhaust system. I am ready to do up my car further.

Please suggest how I can start off.

·
Vendor
3,046 Posts
Your next step is really a tune! That will wake the car up like crazy! Either chose a local tuner or purchase an e-tune from any one of the reputable shops on the boards. If thats not enough power then look into upgrading a few other bolt on parts

Hope this helps, let me know if I can do anything to help you enjoy your car more

~CIcio

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Intake, downpipes, Cobb AP and a custom tune for sure.
This will really wake up the car.

Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help in any way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm also interested in learning what options are available. At least up to stage 1 for the meantime. For intake and exhaust which brands bolt on firmly? Thanks.

·
Banned
746 Posts
What is so difficult about reading the other 1000 threads asking the same question?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I have the GTC Titan 3.5" titanium exhaust and they have a great titanium midpipe also. My bro ha the HKS setup, HKS Midpipe with HKS R Spec Ti Catback. It cost twice as much though. If you are going to tune the car in the future, you want to hold off on the intake. Without tune, you can only go 2.75", once tuned the 2.75" will max out. Suggestion would be midpipe and Cataback. If tune as suggested above, injectors and 3" intake and you can remove the downpipe if you want by there are downside with soot and smell.

I'm also interested in learning what options are available. At least up to stage 1 for the meantime. For intake and exhaust which brands bolt on firmly? Thanks.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Why is it i always read of people changing their midpipes but not the down pipe? Is the factory down pipe pretty good?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your next step is really a tune! That will wake the car up like crazy! Either chose a local tuner or purchase an e-tune from any one of the reputable shops on the boards. If thats not enough power then look into upgrading a few other bolt on parts

Hope this helps, let me know if I can do anything to help you enjoy your car more

~CIcio
Hey! My car is in India and there aren't many tuners there. I would really appreciate if you can you help me with some reputable shops to purchase an e-tune

·
Registered
48 Posts
Midpipe is easy to change and do not throw a code.
I agree, first hand experience on mine.

Im also interested on custom tune though i bought cobb ap with tcm, loaded stage 2 map v3.0 still my car throws cel (P2a03 and P2a00) when driving slow (40-60 kph)

Open to advices
Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey jeff, which one do u have? Hks? Did u get it from emperor? How much?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey jeff, which one do u have? Hks? Did u get it from emperor? How much? Tnx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey jeff, which one do u have? Hks? Did u get it from emperor? How much? Tnx
DP its HKS part of GT600 package catless dp.
yes from Emperor. pm you price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts