Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the old forums but not quite finding the answer. The choice is between the Jaguar F-type R coupe AWD and the GT-R......my question to GT-R owners is how does this car handle in real upstate NY winters? With blizzaks? I'm trading an Audi S5 for one of these cars and I have to say that the Audi is the best winter car I've ever had. I'm just looking for more power for the rest of the year without sacrificing excellent winter driving. This is Syracuse NY---often setting records for snowfall. Can the GT-R handle it? I really like this car.......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Both the GT-R and Jaguar have rear biased AWD systems. A great pair of snow tires deffinately helps any car in the snow and will make both these cars a daily driver for you. On the other hand Audis' Quattro system is more like a 50:50 split, sometimes more power is even sent to the front wheels. Depends on if the model has Audi sport differential with the torque vectoring.

Anyways your gonna have a little trouble driving through a 24" snow storm anyway. And the GT-R is faster, so why not!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Denver in my 2014 is nothing like my truck but still does better than a front wheel drive does in snow with dunlop all season tires. blizzaks would make it even better.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3,772 Posts
Gtr with some scottozero pirellis can be daily driven thru all snow conditions and is a much more reliable car than the jag.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gtr with some scottozero pirellis can be daily driven thru all snow conditions and is a much more reliable car than the jag.
Any recommendations for best prices on whole package (wheels+tires) with either the scottozero or blizzaks? Also a bit confused as to size, tire rack offers 20" when I plug in GTR but not smaller, which would seem more desirable in snow.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have the Michelin alpin pa4 snow tires. These are the oem for Porsche, I went back and forth with tire rack and speaking with one of their reps. They said the Blizzacks will handle deep snow better but lighter snow 8" or less and cold weather, freezing rain, slush, etc the Michelin performed much better. The Pirelli was the third choice. Had them mounted on the oem wheels and they've been great in the NYC winter. Obviously, winters are not as bad as upstate, but thought I would give you real life experiences. Good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the Michelin alpin pa4 snow tires. These are the oem for Porsche, I went back and forth with tire rack and speaking with one of their reps. They said the Blizzacks will handle deep snow better but lighter snow 8" or less and cold weather, freezing rain, slush, etc the Michelin performed much better. The Pirelli was the third choice. Had them mounted on the oem wheels and they've been great in the NYC winter. Obviously, winters are not as bad as upstate, but thought I would give you real life experiences. Good luck on your choice.
Interesting about the Michelin vs Blizzak, how about changing the coolant mix to 50/50?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts