Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big "thanks" to Rob & Josh at Extreme Speed/Motorsports Legends in Cleveland, TN for the new rear tow hook. I hope I never need it but I'm glad it is now there. They are considering a kit you can order. I'll update the post with better pics and ones from underneath later. 3 hours of trailering the GT-R in driving rain to get home today was not fun...

Attachments

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
Looks great. Details, please.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
Make that 2 buyers.

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
Looks Great!!!! I would be very interested. I have been wanting this type of tow hook for the past few seasons. Ideally I would like to mount 2. One on each side to tie down the car with and then remove one at the track. Please post more pics and let us know if your shop is interested in making more.

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
Great idea Jason.
Thanks. I had 2 removable tow hook locations fabricated in the front when I changed up the nose and was planning on doing the same in the rear when I get the time. It is really nice to be able to tie down the GTR from the tow hooks vs. climbing under the car after a long day. If the OP's shop is interested in selling these it would be much easier than fabbing up my own.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guys are working on putting together the kit. I'll update ASAP and even PM those interested when/if available.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Guys, this is Mark with Extreme Speed / Motorsport Legends in Cleveland, TN. First, thanks to TN-GT-R for the post on our work. Very much appreciate it.

The guys in the shop custom manufactured the first rear tow hook for my track dedicated GTR early in 2011. It works great for tying the car down in a trailer (no more crawling under the car to thread two straps) and takes seconds versus minutes to do. And, if you ever need to be pulled out of a tire wall or sand trap, I know from first hand experience that it works well! :(

That said, here are a few more pics of my car with a standard tow hook on the back. We have since upgraded the tow hooks. These pictures are of the very first prototype. (Pictures are of the same car -- just at different times in its life.)

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
Guys, this is Mark with Extreme Speed / Motorsport Legends in Cleveland, TN. First, thanks to TN-GT-R for the post on our work. Very much appreciate it.

Yes, we will be making these rear tow hooks available to NAGTROC members and will provide more details next week. The guys in the shop custom manufactured the first rear tow hook for my track dedicated GTR early in 2011. It works great for tying the car down in a trailer (no more crawling under the car to thread two straps) and takes seconds versus minutes to do. And, if you ever need to be pulled out of a tire wall or sand trap, I know from first hand experience that it works well! :(

That said, here are a few more pics of my car with a standard tow hook on the back. We have since upgraded the tow hooks. These pictures are of the very first prototype. (Pictures are of the same car -- just at different times in its life.)
Hi Mark,
I am definitely interested. Looks Great!!! Quick question; Is the mount universal for either side of the car? I would like to install two on the rear of the car for tie down purposes if possible. I hope your car is coming back together if it isn't already put back together. Let me know if you need any OEM parts for the rebuild or in the future.

·
OnTrack Maniac
1,654 Posts
I'm curious to see exactly how this mounts too. A rear hook would definitely be a big plus for tying the car down in a trailer.

·
Vendor
3,602 Posts
Just received mine today
Thanks to Mark and his crew for the great communication along the way. I haven't had a chance to go back to my parts dept and take a look yet. But I will be sure and post up a few pics of the tow hooks on and off the car. My car is still at Switzer so it will be awhile until my car gets home and I can complete the install.

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
More info,please. And pics.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.