Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a dyno sheet from a few weeks ago of our P800 PKG running our premium 90mm stainless exhaust, easily the strongest P800 that we have dyno'd yet. While I can attribute the great gains to our new 90mm exhaust, in full disclosure I must say that the weather was beautiful that day as well.

- Neil

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
There is always a chance, you are working with a hand built engine and I have seen at least 1 fail at the stock power level, same goes for the transmission. Supporting modifications are necessary for the transmission if you wish to road race it or drag race it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Neil is this on Pump Gas or Race Gas??

·
Registered
147 Posts
93 octane pump gas from the Marathon station down the road from us.
Wow impressive what is your estimate HP/TQ if you ran 109 or C16 on this set up?

·
Seems Legit
2,476 Posts
What kind of a decrease in numbers would you see running 92 or 91 octane?

·
driving big boats
540 Posts
Man that is a strong P800! 63hp and 73tq more than my P800. I think mine is a P700 lol!

Must be that new Switzer 90mm exhaust?
Was your car dynoed on the same dyno? As I'm sure you know, some dynos read different than others. I'm sure all P800s run about the same. Ethan, my project manager, told me the weather was a factor that day. My car was breathing some cool, crisp, dense air
. I'm sure the new SS exhaust had something to do with it too haha.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Was your car dynoed on the same dyno? As I'm sure you know, some dynos read different than others. I'm sure all P800s run about the same. Ethan, my project manager, told me the weather was a factor that day. My car was breathing some cool, crisp, dense air
. I'm sure the new SS exhaust had something to do with it too haha.
Hey shipwreck

Yeah I'm comparing my numbers I got from the same dyno when Switzer had my car last summer. I know dynos are just a tuning tool. But i'm thinking those increased numbers over my p800 would be significant on the street or track, no?
It has to be that hot new exhaust haha

·
driving big boats
540 Posts
Hey shipwreck

Yeah I'm comparing my numbers I got from the same dyno when Switzer had my car last summer. I know dynos are just a tuning tool. But i'm thinking those increased numbers over my p800 would be significant on the street or track, no?
It has to be that hot new exhaust haha
Honestly, I have not got a chance to drive my car with the P800 package yet. I work overseas for months at a time, unfortunately the car was delivered back to Houston after I had already left
. So, I can't tell you first hand how the car runs yet. But all P800s should be in the same ball park performance wise - it isn't like Switzer changed the kit itself. It's just a really nice exhaust system, maybe worth an extra 10hp over the Switzer Ti system? 10hp may be stretching it too.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Honestly, I have not got a chance to drive my car with the P800 package yet. I work overseas for months at a time, unfortunately the car was delivered back to Houston after I had already left
. So, I can't tell you first hand how the car runs yet. But all P800s should be in the same ball park performance wise - it isn't like Switzer changed the kit itself. It's just a really nice exhaust system, maybe worth an extra 10hp over the Switzer Ti system? 10hp may be stretching it too.

-Steve
Steve

I did an unofficial 6.5 for 60-130. On the official nagtroc list, divexxtreme's friend with a p800 did a 6.0! Thats moving! So I know my P800 is in the ball park.
I do plan on going with the 90mm Switzer exhaust and possibly some other enhancements! Team Switzer FTW!

R

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.