Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just trying to figure out what my car is worth to ponder the idea of selling it in this market. Anyone have any good ideas? Not sure I want to put it on here since it’s not in perfect condition. I was recommended carvana and Vroom but they’re offering such low amounts it’s insulting. A Nissan dealer was about 6k lower than what I was wanting.

Edit:

For context, I have a 2014 Black Edition GT-R with about 41,400 miles on it. It has some rust on the bottom of the car from being in New Hampshire and some sort of spidering in the paint of the front bumper from the previous owner bumping something. Recently installed an AAM mid pipe from this forum to help get rid of the rust.

Wood Gas Auto part Artifact Machine

Automotive parking light Grille Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Brown Automotive tire Wood Sleeve Bumper

Automotive tire Wood Grey Tire Tints and shades

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 Bayside Blue
142 Posts
Carmax. You can always try eBay.

·
Registered
2015 White on Black Premium: 1436whp/1054wtq on E90, built by Cicio North
689 Posts
You can list it on the Facebook, GT-R specific groups...but be prepared to get verbally assaulted unless your asking price is the deal of the century. Or just turn commenting off entirely. Those groups have a good reach. As does this very forum...it's where I found my GT-R. Good luck either way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can list it on the Facebook, GT-R specific groups...but be prepared to get verbally assaulted unless your asking price is the deal of the century. Or just turn commenting off entirely. Those groups have a good reach. As does this very forum...it's where I found my GT-R. Good luck either way.
Lol that’s why I don’t want to put it on forums..

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Oh shit..I get it now...yeah going to need the "right" buyer for that baby girl...Hows the interior?...GLWS...I think Kevin's figure is close with today's pricing.

·
Registered
2020 Bayside Blue
142 Posts
I’m a little concerned with eBay since I’d prefer not to ship the car and eBay seems to attract more scammers. And unfortunately carmax is far away from me, but aren’t they similar to carvana in terms of offers?
I have sold cars listed on eBay but not through eBay. It is a place for advertisement that reaches buyers all over the world. As for Carmax. Here in South Florida, they pay more than the web based buyers. My girl just sold her 2020 IS300 F-sport to Carmax for $34k when the others were offering $27k. A buddy sold is 2018 Escalade for $8k more to Carmax than the others. But you have to go in person. What is the deal with your car that you think is not good?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We know nothing about your GT-R...
Oh shit..I get it now...yeah going to need the "right" buyer for that baby girl...Hows the interior?...GLWS...I think Kevin's figure is close with today's pricing.
I appreciate the response. Yeah it's a tricky sale... Interior is good, a few small paint chips on the trans terminal from keys or something but it's good overall.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have sold cars listed on eBay but not through eBay. It is a place for advertisement that reaches buyers all over the world. As for Carmax. Here in South Florida, they pay more than the web based buyers. My girl just sold her 2020 IS300 F-sport to Carmax for $34k when the others were offering $27k. A buddy sold is 2018 Escalade for $8k more to Carmax than the others. But you have to go in person. What is the deal with your car that you think is not good?
That's pretty good, I might try to make it to one this weekend but it's like 2+ hours away. The car just has some rust and small exterior damage. A Nissan dealer kinda got in my head and said people want these cars pristine so those issues seem to hurt the value. Everything else about it is great

·
Registered
2020 Bayside Blue
142 Posts
That's pretty good, I might try to make it to one this weekend but it's like 2+ hours away. The car just has some rust and small exterior damage. A Nissan dealer kinda got in my head and said people want these cars pristine so those issues seem to hurt the value. Everything else about it is great
Well, everyone wants every car to be pristine but there is a price to pay for that and the reality that a used car is a used car. The dealer was also trying to buy your car for the number they offer you. Obviously, damage and such will lower the price accordingly. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I had my '17 on Autotrader for a couple months back in January of last year with nothing but a few tire kickers and low ballers. Listed on one of the Facebook GT-R groups and it sold in one hour. I couldn't keep up with the messages.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
car-max and the others really low balled me when i tried to sell mine. i ended up selling on car-gurus for way more money. i had some similar issues to you. body was in desperate need of a detail and some touch ups, and there was damage reported on the carfax. i think me just making the ad once and ignoring all the low ballers and setting a price which i had in mind that i was not going to go under made it go smooth for me.

you will get lots of time wasted answering questions from people and it took a while to sell, probably because i listed in the middle of winter. one cool think about car gurus is they would also advertise on facebook marketplace as well. had a lot of views on the car and got a lot of messages. good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts