Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased (financed) my 15 GT-R in California and I am now trying to register it in Arizona. It was never registered in California - I just had a AZ temp tag to get it home. I am getting conflicting information from both NMAC and AZ DMV. Has anyone had to do this before? I'd appreciate any help with the proper procedure.

·
El Diablo
682 Posts
I bought my GTR in California and didn't register it in California, just got the California temp pass to drive it out of the state and into AZ, it was a hassle at first to register it, AZ DMV wanted me to show them the original contract with BofA finance, which was harder to get then I thought it would, and some other things (can't remember). Eventually I just went to one of the private registration places (Action Auto Title on Scottsdale Rd) and they had the dealership fax over some paperwork and within a day I had my tags and all. I recommend you go to a place like that, they are way more helpful than the DMV people.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought my GTR in California and didn't register it in California, just got the California temp pass to drive it out of the state and into AZ, it was a hassle at first to register it, AZ DMV wanted me to show them the original contract with BofA finance, which was harder to get then I thought it would, and some other things (can't remember). Eventually I just went to one of the private registration places (Action Auto Title on Scottsdale Rd) and they had the dealership fax over some paperwork and within a day I had my tags and all. I recommend you go to a place like that, they are way more helpful than the DMV people.
This is a good suggestion. Although I modified it slightly. I had the dealership send me the notarized title and I'm getting the lien added at a third party. Thanks for the help!

·
El Diablo
682 Posts
Kinda the middle... Tempe Town Lake area...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Gold Canyon area

·
El Diablo
682 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Have Bob mod and tune the car for you. You won't be sorry
+100000 not to mention he usually has some cool build to check out in his shop when you go there

Speaking of which, I'm still having that surging issue at idle Bob, may have to look into the speed density maps you talked about.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.