Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Best of both worlds for roll racers!!

Auto mode is useful for races from a dig, but cannot really be used for roll racing because you cannot hold the optimum gear when preparing for the launch/start of the race

Enter the GTR Auto Shift Module, which gives you the best of both worlds. You can stay in manual mode and control the gears via the paddles, but then have the module shift up automatically. Using the buttons on the steering wheel you can program what RPM you want the module to automatically shift up for you (which can be different per gear). Then when you accelerate the unit will shift for you, giving you the flexibility of being in manual mode, but knowing you will be shifting at the perfect point every time!

Highlights:
  • Full control over the shift points through the steering wheel buttons
  • Does not need to be sent back to change shift point
  • Voice confirmation of the settings (see video below)
  • Different shift points for every gear
  • Does not occupy OBD port
  • Plug n play harness with two wire taps using insert-able pins. No cutting/splicing
  • Headphone jack to use headphones or powered speakers if desired

Price: $399 and available on our website

http://www.carkitcompany.com/nissan-gtr/auto-shift-module

·
The Antagonist
1,302 Posts
This is awesome!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is great ..

But for the bolt on guys .. What shift points should be used in all gear shifts (+1, +2, +3 or +4)
This could be confusing
Good question, but something that might be confusing based on just watching the video and hopefully not when armed with the instructions. Below is an excerpt from those instructions.

Offsets Explained

It is expected that the autoshift modules will be installed in cars with massively varying power outputs. The offset is a way of configuring the unit to make sure the cars shifts at the programmed RPM. The shift point - offset is effectively the point at which the autoshift box will instruct the gearbox to change gear. The autoshift unit is very quick, but even a few milliseconds can make a difference and remember the TCM and gearbox are not immediate either. How much of a difference those milliseconds will makes will vary based on just how quick the car is and hence the offset functionality. The user configurable offsets are by gear and between 0 and 4. If the gear change is overshooting the desired RPMs the value of offset can be increased to make sure the shift happens at the desired point.

Out of the box the unit will be pretty damn close and basically this is just fine tuning and something that you would only really do once or when power levels are changed significantly.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Good question, but something that might be confusing based on just watching the video and hopefully not when armed with the instructions. Below is an excerpt from those instructions.

Offsets Explained

It is expected that the autoshift modules will be installed in cars with massively varying power outputs. The offset is a way of configuring the unit to make sure the cars shifts at the programmed RPM. The shift point - offset is effectively the point at which the autoshift box will instruct the gearbox to change gear. The autoshift unit is very quick, but even a few milliseconds can make a difference and remember the TCM and gearbox are not immediate either. How much of a difference those milliseconds will makes will vary based on just how quick the car is and hence the offset functionality. The user configurable offsets are by gear and between 0 and 4. If the gear change is overshooting the desired RPMs the value of offset can be increased to make sure the shift happens at the desired point.

Out of the box the unit will be pretty damn close and basically this is just fine tuning and something that you would only really do once or when power levels are changed significantly.
Great ! Thanks for clearing that up

So even though i want it to autoshift 100% on time without overshooting or delaying .. I can just adjust all shift in the begining to max which is 4, that way even without testing and without knowing the power if the car (stock or 1000hp+) and from the first WOT im pretty sure its not gonna overshoot because its already set to max offset right ?

This is a great product .. I'll order mine soon

Regards

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great ! Thanks for clearing that up

So even though i want it to autoshift 100% on time without overshooting or delaying .. I can just adjust all shift in the begining to max which is 4, that way even without testing and without knowing the power if the car (stock or 1000hp+) and from the first WOT im pretty sure its not gonna overshoot because its already set to max offset right ?

This is a great product .. I'll order mine soon

Regards
That could certainly be one approach to setup; setting the offset to the maximum and then reduce the offset based on the results. Meaning that if it shifts a little early you would then reduce the offset.

I'll look out for the order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts