Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Black Edition. I have some water slots / stains on the dry carbon fiber. I tried to use a clay bar and soapy water to remove but to no avail.

Anybody know what is the best chemical product to remove water spots on the dry carbon fiber without damage?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have a 2015 Black Edition. I have some water slots / stains on the dry carbon fiber. I tried to use a clay bar and soapy water to remove but to no avail.

Anybody know what is the best chemical product to remove water spots on the dry carbon fiber without damage?
Mothers has a water spot remover that works but it is a pain in the ass!!! My Raptor truck used to be parked outside because it wouldn't fit in the garage. Needless to say, the sprinklers nailed it all the time. I got tired of paying for waxing and polishing at the car wash to get it out so I gave this stuff a try. I think it is best for small spots or maybe just a fender. Anything more than that, be prepared to spend all day working on the car..... It takes a while but it does work.....

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. For the Mother's water spot remover, can you provide a link to the product? (The only Mother's product I could find was for water spots for glass.)

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. For the Mother's water spot remover, can you provide a link to the product? (The only Mother's product I could find was for water spots for glass.)
Be careful with products designed for glass on painted / finished items, as glass products are generally designed to be a bit more abrasive than products intended for paint.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll try Zaino Z2 as I have that already. But not sure if it will work.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Dude, I'm so sorry I just saw this.. I'm sure it's too late but I was wrong. I don't have a mothers water spot remover. It's Meguiars water spot remover....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.