Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm planning to put the spec V style rear seat delete and a ACG cage in the car and was curious how do i remove the rear seat belts? i havent seen them in the trunk area so im guessing i have to remove the speaker cover area and i can unbolt them from there?
im not really doing it for the 2lb weight saving lol but more for a clean look since i wont have rear seats back there. on a side note i noticed on alot of threads people were talking about alot of noice in the rear after taking the rear seats out. is there a good way to quiet it down some? maybe dynomat the area with the exception of the fuel pump cover. any thought suggestion and pictures would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
1,746 Posts
you're gonna have to remove all the rear interior trim panels. Remove the lower seat cushions first by pulling the tab under the seat. Then the upper is held by a 14mm bolt on the bottom. The top of the seat is hooked in on the top. most of the side panels are snapped in . The rear center console pops out and the sub cover has 2 10mm bolts at the bottom of the cover. Theres a few snap type trim rivet to remove with a small flathead also.

· Registered
1,932 Posts
And be prepared to replace the snap rivets for the subwoofer cover - they like to snap the splines or break off completely. Oh, and Nissan does not have the exact parts to replace them with - you'll likely get different ones that don't fit using the exact part number. If you do break some, bring it down to Nissan and have them try to match it with any of the ones they have on hand (I used the pink ones I believe).

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow lots of things to take off for something so small. Thanks guys

· Registered
1,228 Posts
The very reason I left mine in after installing Password JDM carbon seat deletes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sasha4 can you post a picture? I actually wanted to do that as well but It wont fit with my cage going back there. I don't want to cut into the carbon seats to make them fit. and with the rear seat delete it doesn't make sense to keep the seat belts. it would look odd I think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.