Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I say yay. The vintage license plate is an obvious homage to the classic 911s. I don't think the vintage plates would go well on GTRs because there is, at least not yet, a "classic" example. In a few years, maybe. But I think it looks great.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Yay

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yep really digging the 60s plate. It's my favorite out of the 3 decades they offered. And also the only one available.

·
Registered
823 Posts
They look really good in person, even on modern cars. I just ordered mine about a week ago....so when it arrives in 3 months I'll post a pic.

·
Registered
132 Posts
They look really good in person, even on modern cars. I just ordered mine about a week ago....so when it arrives in 3 months I'll post a pic.
Hey Boostd, did you get your legacy plates yet? You have a pearl white gtr right? I'm getting ready to order my set and wanted to know what it looks like on a white gtr.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hey Boostd, did you get your legacy plates yet? You have a pearl white gtr right? I'm getting ready to order my set and wanted to know what it looks like on a white gtr.
Just got it last week. The pic really doesn't do it justice...but it looks great.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just got it last week. The pic really doesn't do it justice...but it looks great.

Awesome thanks man! Looks good! I just ordered mine. If you get a chance to take a pic showing the whole back end that would be great. So it sounds like it took several months to receive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
823 Posts
Awesome thanks man! Looks good! I just ordered mine. If you get a chance to take a pic showing the whole back end that would be great. So it sounds like it took several months to receive.

Yeah I'll take a longer shot so you can see it better. I have matte black vinyl above the exhaust tips so it fits with the black and white theme. The DMV takes their sweet time making these things, so anticipate at least 2.5 months.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah I'll take a longer shot so you can see it better. I have matte black vinyl above the exhaust tips so it fits with the black and white theme. The DMV takes their sweet time making these things, so anticipate at least 2.5 months.
Haha, awesome, thanks again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got my retro/legacy plates finally few months back. Took awhile for me to get them since DMV had to meet the order quota to approve them. Looks great on the car.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Love the retro plates. The regular California plate is just so plain that I went with the "memorial" specialty plate last year when I bought the car.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I was thinking of doing it on my white B/E with black Advans, but decided to run blue Advans instead so I think I'm going for the regular white.

If it was black with white lettering, like TX, I would do it no question. Lol.

Until 1969 California plates were black on gold. They became blue and gold and now they are (generally) white with blue. https://en.wikipedia...s_of_California

This year, California reintroduced the black and gold plates which is what this guy put on his 991 4S Cab. I think it looks great.
I think he meant the plate meaning on the Porsche?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was thinking of doing it on my white B/E with black Advans, but decided to run blue Advans instead so I think I'm going for
Did you go with the titanium mag blue Advans? Curious to see what they look like on your white gtr. Can u pm some pics?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Did you go with the titanium mag blue Advans? Curious to see what they look like on your white gtr. Can u pm some pics?

Yes, just picked them up yesterday. Tires will be mounted early next week, but I won't mount them until I install my coilovers which should be next week sometime as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts