Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
There has been lots of threads about this and I finally found some time to create a solution..

Update 3/9/14:
[background=transparent]The reversing beep defeater comes in a DIY harness form and also in two PnP form.[/background]

[background=transparent]Kit with DIY Harness ($129)[/background]

[background=transparent]This kit includes instructions covering 3 places to potentially connect/splice the wires and technically you could attach those wires to an OBD-II connector to just plug in. Additionally if you already have one of our bypass kits or the remote start kit the required wires can be connected to our wires so you are not tampering/tapping any Nissan wires.[/background]

[background=transparent]For Plug and Play[/background][background=transparent] kits we have two options regarding where we connect to[/background]

[background=transparent]The first is when purchased with a Remote Start kit, this kit is already available and many have already been sold/installed . The beauty of this is the remote start is so easy to install and this only adds a couple of minutes to that time. The downside is this is only an option when purchased at the same time as a Remote Start Kit.[/background][background=transparent] ($159 when purchased with PnP Remote Start kit)[/background]

[background=transparent]The second is using the AV connectors that are also used for the Remote NAV/DVD Bypass kits. This kit comes with a version of the PnP harness used on the bypass kits. [/background][background=transparent]($229 stand alone PnP Kit)[/background]
[background=transparent]The reason this it is more expensive is the harness we use which can also be used by the bypass kits. Therefore there is a saving to be had if purchasing the Beep Defeater with a bypass kit. If you purchase a bypass and beep defeater together you only need one harness and therefore you save $75 (PnP Beep Defeater becomes $154 vs $229).[/background]

[background=transparent]Which option is best for you..[/background]

[background=transparent]You are interested in a Beep Defeater and think you might be interested in a Remote Start unit then definitely consider buying together. You get the best price and a much easier install location in the passenger floor well area, I do this install in 10-15 minutes. Even if you think the remote start might only get used rarely, it is still worth considering in my opinion because of how easy the install is using this method. Total cost $458 ($299 for the remote start and $159 for the Beep defeater)[/background]

[background=transparent]You already have one of our Nav Bypass kits or the PnP Remote Start units then consider the DIY kit. It is only a 3 wires to join and you are joining our wires and not tampering with any Nissan wires. Total Cost $129[/background]

[background=transparent]You just want to make the beeps stop and don't care about any of our other offerings and don't want to have to join any wires, Then the standalone AV Harness based PnP kit is an option. Total Cost $229. I want to stress that Plug and Play means there are no wires to cut and join, but trim still needs to be removed to get to the appropriate connectors. For another $229 you would get the remote start kit and a considerably easier install. This stand alone PnP install is effectively the same install time as a Bypass kit and on a first install/attempt you can expect to spend 1-2hrs doing the install. Once you have done one install or have installed a GTR bypass kit previously you could probably do it in half that time.[/background]

[background=transparent]You want PnP and definitely don't want a remote start, but are potentially interested in Bypass kit (with options for front camera). Then consider the Bypass Add-on option that gives you the PnP Beep Defeater at $154 (when purchased with Bypass Kit) rather than $229. If you are going to the trouble of removing the trim to get to the connectors it makes sense to install the Bypass kit at the same time.[/background]

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very nice, any further information about the solution? does the speaker remaining fully functional for other operations?
The speaker and instrument cluster remain untouched and other beeps such as door open etc remain fully functional. I've actually also got a switch so I can turn the reversing beeps on or off also.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
please sir, take my money
Much as I would love to, we need to do some more testing and work out how best to supply this kit remembering we like all our kits to be plug and play.

·
Super Moderator
3,613 Posts
Unlikely to be a DIY based on what is involved. I don't mean that negatively, if it was like the Daylight running lights etc I would just post a how to but this involves electronics and software etc.
So, are you saying that it could be a simple DIY, if you supply the necessary module?

Alexd

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, are you saying that it could be a simple DIY, if you supply the necessary module?

Alexd
Yes, either that or I would provide with a plug and play harness.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts