Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Guys take a look at the results from Mercury Metal Polish...Anyone looking to cleaning up that dingy exhaust this stuff works very well

Mad Ad;3242683 said:
The new metal polish from AF.

I got the chance to really put this stuff to the test the metal polish contains Light Abrasive polish with a cleaning agent added to clean and polish, from oxidised alloy trim carbon deposits on exhaust trim and alloy wheels.

To put this to a real test I got a friends car exhaust system which has not been cleaned in over 7 years!!!:doublesho taking advantage of using a car ramp it was perfect

Mercury is white in colour and a cream texture.

To much talk now let the pictures do the talking...

Before

50/50

Afters

Reflection shot

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
just dont use it on ti

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
an abbrassive metal polish on coloured ti....go for it mate, post up the results

i won't be donating my ti parts though

·
R35 member
226 Posts
Impressive. I'd definitely use that stuff for the stock exhaust tips. They look like A$$ after awhile.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I was just wondering if you had tried it
tbh as a crazy hobbiest detailer looking after 16 personal cars i have alot of similar products from p21s, blackfire, mothers, optimum, autosol, etc that all do the same thing

on coloured ti, only safe course is a weak apc to clean and a non abbrassive paint cleaner - members need to know this so they all dont rush out and start polishing their expensive ti exhausts with the wrong products

im looking for more product innovation from all these new detailing companies propping up lately. keen to see what else you guys can come up with

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
yes back in the day, but detailing world has turned into one giant billboard and I haven't posted my work/cars there for years

paint decon seems to be the latest buzz, look at how successful carpro have been with their ironx and tarx, and soon to release a product that combines the two

likewise scratch resistant coatings from carpro and optimum. The ease of use from cquartz makes traditional sealants obsolete

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I agree too, I have around 30 waxes now and keep buying

But the realist in me knows a good base lsp like cquartz or opticoat/guard is crucial for a daily driver, especially with soft Japanese clear - you can wax over the top, it just won't bond as well

Permanon is another great product, spray on, rinse off, but it'll take a while yet for them to sort out the durability issues - great for sealing under guards and inner wheel barrels without needing to take the wheels off

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Any before and after pics of cleaning up the inside of the exhaust tips?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree too, I have around 30 waxes now and keep buying

But the realist in me knows a good base lsp like cquartz or opticoat/guard is crucial for a daily driver, especially with soft Japanese clear - you can wax over the top, it just won't bond as well

Permanon is another great product, spray on, rinse off, but it'll take a while yet for them to sort out the durability issues - great for sealing under guards and inner wheel barrels without needing to take the wheels off
Agree with it all. Opticoat is pretty darn bulletproof. If you like that you should try Auto Finesse Tough Coat
Very easy to apply and remove, same basis. Wipe on, flash, buff off.

Only 30 waxes, I remember you having hundreds!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
On an E90 M3.
Thanks, hard to see the result there. I would love to see results on an older track happy GT-R that hasn't had the inside of the tips cleaned in a couple years.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How about a tracked E90 M3?

AMPowerJ;11502992 said:
Thanks for the Mercury Metal Polish Martin. My exhaust was in serious need of some work after a few track days. A little polish, a cloth, and my Dremel tool went to work.

An no the polish didn't remove the paint from my M Perf exhaust. I did that long ago on my own. ;)

Nice product!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SchnellM3;11515361 said:
I didn't have too much time for a wash today but I got my package the other day and really wanted to try this out. I have to say that it works better than advertised and a little goes a extremely long way. I just applied it by hand and the results were amazing, it eats through anything! I can't wait to use this on my E92 and I'm Looking forward to trying out the rest of the line :D

DSC01294 by SchnellM3, on Flickr

DSC01297 by SchnellM3, on Flickr

DSC01300 by SchnellM3, on Flickr

DSC01303 by SchnellM3, on Flickr

DSC01304 by SchnellM3, on Flickr

DSC01305 by SchnellM3, on Flickr

DSC01306 by SchnellM3, on Flickr

And yes I did this all in a suit with my Carbon Fiber and Titanium Cufflinks to boot lol :cool:

DSC01307 by SchnellM3, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.