Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a new GT-R BS coming in a few days and would like a good dealer to go to if any small issues arise. I know of a good place in Mass but I'm just looking for something more local for the basics. Thank you!

· Registered
95 Posts
I bought my 2015 BE from Tasca Nissan of Dartmouth but they are a large Rhode Island dealer. I looked quickly and did not see an GTRs listed but my bet is they are certified. As I live in Metro West, it was too far for me to have my car serviced there. I am going to Clay Nissan in Newton and they seem good.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my 2015 BE from Tasca Nissan of Dartmouth but they are a large Rhode Island dealer. I looked quickly and did not see an GTRs listed but my bet is they are certified. As I live in Metro West, it was too far for me to have my car serviced there. I am going to Clay Nissan in Newton and they seem good.
Thank you. Anyone have experience with Inskip, Belise or perhaps Premier in Middletown?

· Registered
4 Posts
Kaizen Tuning, LLC, 873 Massachusetts Avenue, Boxborough, MA 01719 is gonna be the best places around. The drive is a little ways out but so worth it. I dont own a gtr yet but did some research and hands down the best guys with the most hands on experience. The "gtr tech" at the nissan dealership dont get enough gtrs in to really have as much experience then the guys at Kaizen Tuning. I think you be the second GTR owner in RI. There is a Asian girl from E. Providence that drives a white one seen her at the mall. I can recommand you a gtr tech if your worried about voiding your warranty. Ill get his info and relay it to you

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kaizen Tuning, LLC, 873 Massachusetts Avenue, Boxborough, MA 01719 is gonna be the best places around. The drive is a little ways out but so worth it. I dont own a gtr yet but did some research and hands down the best guys with the most hands on experience. The "gtr tech" at the nissan dealership dont get enough gtrs in to really have as much experience then the guys at Kaizen Tuning. I think you be the second GTR owner in RI. There is a Asian girl from E. Providence that drives a white one seen her at the mall. I can recommand you a gtr tech if your worried about voiding your warranty. Ill get his info and relay it to you
Thank you. I'm well aware of Kaizen and will see them once I want to do dome mods. I just don't want to drive all the way up there for a simple oil change and that sort of thing.

· Registered
23 Posts
So I guess I am not the only one with a GTR in RI....

I am heading to Kaizen this coming week for intake and tune. That I leave for the professional... Which dealership are you referring to? Will they be mod friendly? I usually change my own oil and maintenance...

V

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to Belise Nissan in Warwick today. They have two certified GT-R techs there so I'm going to give them a try. Thank you all for the suggestions.

· Registered
94 Posts
I'm located in Barrington and picked my car up a few months ago. Thus far I have been to Kaizen Tuning for tuning etc. and the Tasca Mod Shop in Cranston for winter tires to be put on. Highly recommend Kaizen tuning, guys are great there. Modshop ruined a tire though swapping out summers for winter tires but covered me for four new tires so tread was even. I felt that was relatively courteous as most places might have not really said anything and had me discover this on my own accord way later on, not to mention they were quick to remedy the situation.

· Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, I went to Kaizen last week for a intake and tune. While waiting there I end up buying the upper intercooler piping and hks exhaust and got that installed same day. Tune and got about 564 awhp but maxed out my injector so end up ordering new injectors..so will go back to get that install and get more boost and hp...then maybe go back for downpipe after the winter...

So how many RI owners we have here? Should meet up sometime...

Vien

I'm located in Barrington and picked my car up a few months ago. Thus far I have been to Kaizen Tuning for tuning etc. and the Tasca Mod Shop in Cranston for winter tires to be put on. Highly recommend Kaizen tuning, guys are great there. Modshop ruined a tire though swapping out summers for winter tires but covered me for four new tires so tread was even. I felt that was relatively courteous as most places might have not really said anything and had me discover this on my own accord way later on, not to mention they were quick to remedy the situation.

· Registered
365 Posts
I'm very close to RI, I'm in Somerset MA right next to Providence. I put my GTR away for the winter... but with the weather we've been having... seems like winter hasn't come yet so I'd be in for a meet down in our area.

· Registered
94 Posts
I second Vien. It'd be nice to meet up with some other owners. The RI area is certainly limited to a small sect of car people. Kaizen actually just added a midpipe and tune to my 2012. I'm at 551 at the wheels and I too am considering injectors. I just don't want to push the car too high as I don't want to sacrifice any reliability as the GTR is my DD. My other vehicle is an m3 that can barely handle a drop of rain with decent tires.

-Jeff

· Registered
23 Posts
So I went in to Nissan of Warwick for my TPMS reset and also to have them listen to my tranny... The guys there are awesome. They are car guys and they know we baby our car and they know we are very cautious on where to bring in to dealership. The GTR Tech was Rob and he was very aware of the GTR and the noise and clunkiness of the GTR tranny. It was a great experience, easy in and out. TPMS was reset at no charge. I will be going back there often now and recommend it for those who are questioning where to go in the RI area.

Vien

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
24 Posts
So I went in to Nissan of Warwick for my TPMS reset and also to have them listen to my tranny... The guys there are awesome. They are car guys and they know we baby our car and they know we are very cautious on where to bring in to dealership. The GTR Tech was Rob and he was very aware of the GTR and the noise and clunkiness of the GTR tranny. It was a great experience, easy in and out. TPMS was reset at no charge. I will be going back there often now and recommend it for those who are questioning where to go in the RI area.

Vien

Glad to hear you got good service in RI, small state and tough state. I go to Salve Regina, and with my old car could never find good service place in RI while down here for school.

· Registered
59 Posts
Went to Belize Nissan in Warwick today for a pos and oil change. Took about 2 hours and went well. The technician was an older gentleman named Steve and did a good job. $66 for the oil change wich is great coming from an isf that uses 10 quarts of oil

· Vendor
2,764 Posts
Holy smokes only $66 bucks! Damn that's awesome lol

· Registered
2,926 Posts
FWIW we pickup and deliver enclosed all cars we work on and can definitely handle the routine maintenance from our CT shop. We pick up in RI all the time :)

· Vendor
2,764 Posts
Do you pickup in MA? My car needs a $66 oil change :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.