Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have a Tire question before I pull the trigger on buying new wheels and tires. I currently have heavy Niche Targas with heavy runflats and my ride quality/ tire noise is terrible. I am switching back to factory weight wheels and non runflat tires. My question is if I go with the 285F 335R setup will this put me back in the same situation with tire noise and feeling every bump in the road? My gut says going that wide in the rear will give me the same issue, but wanted to know from your experience if this is true?

Thanks,

Chris
Are you getting Michelin Pilot Super Sport in those sizes? If so then you will be fine. The wideness of a tire alone has little to do with road noise. What width wheels are you using?

335/30-20 fits rims 11.5-12.5" wide, perfect for 12" wide rim, this is not a tire for an OEM 20x10.5" rim. It's also costly at $578 each.

Runflats are very stiff sidewalk, no cushion there. Or are you using Toyo R888 which are race tires and non runflat, those are noisy and less comfortable for daily street use.

Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the street tire of choice for daily driving as long as temps are more than about 40 degrees F. low sidewalls are not a problem for that tire.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
yea I planned on using mpss tires with 20x12 rims in the rear. If wider wheels/ tires would cause poor ride quality then I would just go with factory spec wheels and tires.
I think if you go with Michelin Pilot Super Sport you will be fine no matter which tire size you choose, they are that good (sidewall height isn't much of a factor in ride quality).

The wider rear wheel and tire add weight and cost, when you replace the tire later it will cost more to maintain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.