Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if road force balancing is a must with the GT-R being that it's such a high performance car? I am currently getting some steering wheel vibration issues sorted out right now and will find out soon if it remedies the problem that normal "spin" balancing didn't.

Also wondering why GT-R certified Nissan dealerships don't have this machine? My wheels/tires are having to be sent out to another shop to get it done.

· Lake Bum
2,720 Posts
Yes it is a must.

Had Discount mount my R888s. Vibrated like crazy past 130 mph. Was fine up to 130 though. Made them redo it and Roadforce balance and was perfect after that to 170+ mph

· Registered
2,116 Posts
Yes it is a must.

Had Discount mount my R888s. Vibrated like crazy past 130 mph. Was fine up to 130 though. Made them redo it and Roadforce balance and was perfect after that to 170+ mph
That's what I figured. I read somewhere that it isn't uncommon for GT-R tires to become out of balance as they wear causing vibration. I'm about mid-way through my tires' lifecycle right now and am noticing vibration. I'm betting it will be remedied with some fine tuned balancing that I am now reading road force can accomplish.

My issue I am having all started I believe when I unintentionally drove over a raised area of concrete in the road where a pothole was filled. Been getting the vibration ever since at speeds over 70 MPH. Hopefully the road force balance either remedies the issue or at least lets me know if the tire or wheel is damaged. I will find out tomorrow one they get the wheels/tires back.

· Registered
6,769 Posts
I was just curious if road force balancing is a must with the GT-R being that it's such a high performance car? I am currently getting some steering wheel vibration issues sorted out right now and will find out soon if it remedies the problem that normal "spin" balancing didn't.

Also wondering why GT-R certified Nissan dealerships don't have this machine? My wheels/tires are having to be sent out to another shop to get it done.
When possible you should ask for it. The lower the sidewall the more difference it may make. If you drive a family minivan or Suv with tall tires you can get by with basic tire balancing.

Why do GTR dealerships not have it? It's probably not required per factory so they don't have it. How many Nissans are up to the performance level of a GTR?

see
http://www.tirereview.com/when-is-it-overkill/

· Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of tires are you running? I had these vibration issues with the stock run flats. After I switched to MPSS I never had any problems. I always go to Discount Tire now as they have the road force balancing machines. They will also re-balance them for free for the life of the tires if you buy a set from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
10,371 Posts
I would say yes, you should. I’ve had issues with R888 and 18” M&H. The M&H balanced out fine on TE37SL on the standard machine but downright dangerous over 100. Roadforced and they were fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.