Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 and noticed a few tiny rock chips in the rear wheel arches about the size of a 1/4 size of a pencil eraser head. There is rust forming, I am looking to use a rust removal pen then using dealer touch up paint. I used por15 when I owned a few subaru wrx sti's that worked quite well but a few of these chips are in view and not under the lip so that wont work this time.

Just wondering if any of you have rock chips on your wheel arches and what you have done to fix it before it gets out of hand.

thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used dealer touch up paint and Langka to smooth the chip out. It works really well for me. I bought the car with 1300 miles on it and it had about 10-20 chips on it including one on the rear passenger wheel well. I fixed them all then got the XPEL clear bra put on the front.

·
Registered
698 Posts
i have like 2 small ones, w sticky tires and these dirty ass roads, it will happen

·
Registered
698 Posts
I used dealer touch up paint and Langka to smooth the chip out. It works really well for me. I bought the car with 1300 miles on it and it had about 10-20 chips on it including one on the rear passenger wheel well. I fixed them all then got the XPEL clear bra put on the front.
what is Langka?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Any additional advice on this? Recently removing wheels and noticed so many rock chips in the rear arch area. Some of them are starting to rust too 🙁. I'm nervous about doing any kind of sanding work, not sure how to do this without it looking terrible. Also worried about how much the rust can destroy the rear quarter... Granted as of right now, it's just a small dot, but I plan to keep this car for 20 years plus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts