Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My 2014 BE is being delivered here in Denver this week from Texas. I had a quick fuel question. Do you guys who live in the area run regular 91 octane in your stock setups, or do you use octane booster? Also I frequently visit mountain towns like Breck and Vail, would you do something different for those quick trips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just run 91 octane and it seems fine. Have fun on your mountain trips the grooves in the road from the trucks with chains make the car jerk around a lot. But I enjoy going up there to in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
dwhips, I got sick of the car jerking around like that. I talked to my tuner about it when I put snow/winter sottozero's on a month ago and he said it's because the alignment and tow angles are setup to be extremely aggressive. It also makes the tires wear fast. There is a less aggressive tire setup called save mode or something like that. I went with that because I daily drive my car in Saint Louis. It feels like a smoother ride and is not jerky at all with the grooves. If I was to track the car of course I would want the more aggressive setup, but for daily driving it's not like I'm pushing over 1G in every corner. Plus the tires last longer in save mode.

I just run 91 octane and it seems fine. Have fun on your mountain trips the grooves in the road from the trucks with chains make the car jerk around a lot. But I enjoy going up there to in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I run 91 and had sluggish performance and limp mode issues, which were due to the 2013 "dynamic advance" timing logic from Nissan. I ended up with a 91 Octane tune from Ben Linney, which sorted all of the issues and netted me significant power gains as a bonus. The car runs great on 91 now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.