Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal that when you start gtr uphill it would first roll a little bit backwards? It's annoying on stop sign in San Francisco uphill. Every time I'm afraid to hit the next car when restarting.

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
It can probably be adjusted by adjusting your touch points if youre on Cobb.

· Registered
188 Posts
If you come to a full stop it should engage the anti roll. If you don't then it will begin to roll back. I drive up Gough nearly every morning to the top of the hill and 90% of the time it engages.

Also you can always left foot brake and roll on the throttle if yours isn't cooperating

· Registered
10,313 Posts
It can probably be adjusted by adjusting your touch points if youre on Cobb.
+1 : adjust TP to +2 and you shouldn't see it happen.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you come to a full stop it should engage the anti roll. If you don't then it will begin to roll back. I drive up Gough nearly every morning to the top of the hill and 90% of the time it engages.

Also you can always left foot brake and roll on the throttle if yours isn't cooperating
Im not sure if it will engage the anti roll since I didn't dare to test and every time I just left foot brake when restarting.

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,486 Posts
I agree with lambo joe and droptop about adjusting the touch points, but the car doesn't necessarily have to be on cobb, or tuned for that matter. You can have Nissan adjust your touch points on a stock car if u want also..

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with lambo joe and droptop about adjusting the touch points, but the car doesn't necessarily have to be on cobb, or tuned for that matter. You can have Nissan adjust your touch points on a stock car if u want also..

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app
Im new here and don't quite understand what is the Cobb :(

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
And if you do decide to change the touch point settings, you only need to do the odd clutches. that covers gears 1, 3, 5. What you're wanting to do is change gear 1 . if you get a Cobb, it's super easy, and you can always change it back if you move to a flatter environment. It only takes about a minute or two to do a clutch relearn and change the settings.

Joe

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
Clutch relearn is not needed to adjust the TP's.
I noticed that as well but I read somewhere on here that you're supposed to set all values to 0, then do a clutch relearn, then set the values to whatever you want.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
2,508 Posts
Seriously? This is an issue of the GTR? It's gotta hurt the resale value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.