Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
It's not normal - what is the discoloration?

You could try bedding in the brakes a few times, but first check to make sure there is nothing wrong with the caliper, maybe some material is stuck in there like a stone.

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,612 Posts
No, not normal....

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Looks like the pad isn't hitting the outer part of the rotor, definitely not normal and no good. Get it checked out and let us know what it was!...only that one rotor?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That's what i thought too!

Its actually not my car, i just come across this one as i'm on the market for a 2015 GTR and that rotor scared the shit out of me lol so thought askin you guys .. And thanks for your help, really appreciate it !

BTW .. I notice many GTRs like these when i do my search, i came to the point that the first thing i do when i find a good GTR is looking at the rotors pics lol .. and of course, at the engine builder plaque .. Hoping it's Takumi Kurosawa :D

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
The first pic looked like more of an ISSUE with the brake pad and/or rotor. The second pic could just be rusting from sitting and then just a drive around the block with barely using brakes. Then parking it again. In other words, getting off a little bit of the rust, but not all.

P.S. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Had this with mine after a front pad change.
Do a couple of bedding runs and it will disappear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Disappear what ?! Problem in future ?! Or current defect ? How can bedding clear that $hit lol.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Cos the old pads bed to the rotor so when you insert new pads onto a part worn rotor you will have this scenario.
Have had this on both front and rear of mine from changing pads and not rotors!!

That a good enough "hint" for you numpty?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
This car has done 5.3 mi by the way .. wondering what makes him change the pads that fast ( if defected rotors because of that, assumingly) .. or could it be heavily tracked or something ?

Anyways, would this be a good reason for not considering or buying the car ?!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
5.3 Miles? Every GTR comes with a minimum of 20 after being run on a track right after assembly

·
Registered
280 Posts
That just looks like it has stood a while. It will clear up after one drive.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts