Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just got off the track for the first time, and what an experience!!!! AMAZING!!!!

I was driving hard and braking hard... when I got off the track, took a look at my brakes and rotors and noticed that all my cross drilled holes in the rotor were blocked (with brake dust/residue) I am guessing...

Firstly, is that normal? And secondly (more important), what is the best way to clean them out and make them holes again???

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I would try some good quality brake cleaner with the spray through tube, worth a try.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts

·
Registered
6,755 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Don't bother cleaning them out. Enjoy the car, and when the pads and rotors wear out, replace with better and less expensive aftermarket pieces. Glad you had a blast at the track...it's what the GT-R is designed to do.

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
Don't bother cleaning them out. Enjoy the car, and when the pads and rotors wear out, replace with better and less expensive aftermarket pieces. Glad you had a blast at the track...it's what the GT-R is designed to do.
Definitely correct Sharif.... That is the route I am going... Actually considering the following set up:-
AP J hook Rotors
Endless MX-72 pads
Forged Performance Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Forged Performance Sway Bar (Considering but not sure yet...)

Only problem is I am braking so hard these days purposely to try and wear down the pads so I have an excuse to replace ...
Need another hard track day and I should be ready....

·
Registered
278 Posts
A good alternative is RB's open slots design.

Some of the advantages over conventional "drilled" or "surface slots" are slots never disappear like "surface slots", nor the drill holes clog up. The slots are made with alternate 6 slots per side for optimal cooling effect via the cooling surface on vertical wall.

Here is a picture of RB two piece open slots on RX7 front in action.

18,304 Posts
+1

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
But if you do bother, pipe stem cleaners work great. Available at most liquor stores.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.