Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just reached 7500 miles and my rear tires are pretty much done. I went to couple of local shops that are actually a little famous in the car group, they say they don't have the machine to do the tires for me because the OEM is run flat tires which are hard to take off. Therefore, is GTR certified nissan dealer the only option now? Because they charge 200 dollars to just change the tires. thanks.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
search for places with the touch-less tire machine. i am not sure where you are located, but maybe a call a Porsche dealer or something else high end and ask where they send their cars, or get their wheels done.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I went to a Discount Tire that not only were able to dismount and remount the run flat Dunlop tires, they were able to patch a hole from a nail (which I was told wasn't doable). Try Discount and ask for their most experienced guy.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My thought is when the time comes to have the dealer do it. Rationale being if they tear a rim up it'll be easier to have them just order a new rim versus Billy Rays Tire & Crab Shack.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thought is when the time comes to have the dealer do it. Rationale being if they tear a rim up it'll be easier to have them just order a new rim versus Billy Rays Tire & Crab Shack.
So I went to the Nissan dealer and did the tires today. And when I come back I find that some part of the paint on the stock premium wheel is scratched. Like I can see the sort of pearl white behind the dark chrome paint and I am pretty sure it was scratched out not dirt. Not on just one wheel. Will upload the image later.
What should I do?

·
R35 Member
267 Posts
So I went to the Nissan dealer and did the tires today. And when I come back I find that some part of the paint on the stock premium wheel is scratched. Like I can see the sort of pearl white behind the dark chrome paint and I am pretty sure it was scratched out not dirt. Not on just one wheel. Will upload the image later.
What should I do?
You should have talked to the service manager before you left. They probably won't work with you if it's been more than a day. The OEM Dunlap run flats are very stiff and hard to remove from the wheels. I was having my wheels powdercoated and needed to remove the tires. After Discount Tire removed all the tires I inspected them before I left and noticed that all four tires were damaged/cut on the inner bead. Damage/cuts were caused by their metal spoons during removal. Brought it to the Managers attention and they ended up ordering me four new tires. They didn't have a Touchless Tire Removal machine.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had mine removed by discount tire so I could put the mpss on and they got them off no problems, no scratches on the rims or any damage to any of the tires. maybe I just got lucky but I had asked before they started if it would be a problem cause the run flats, they said no and that all the machines were new.

·
Registered
109 Posts
What should I do?
I had a wheel scratched on my 2013 when having the tire changed at a (well regarded) Nissan dealer. A call to the customer service number in the owner's manual resulted in an expedited wheel replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.