Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know this isnt everyones cup of tea. Car is not daily driven (if even driven sometimes) i do plan to do a lot of 1/4 with it now that it is tuned 100% so i figured lets start shedding some weight for the 1/4. Sbd 3.5" resonated midpipe with a custom turndown.
At startup, idle, cruise it is actually quieter than the hks all the way out the back. It obviously has some resonance but it is not nearly as loud and raspy as the hks was. It is now a nice deep sound until you get in it. At WOT it sounds insane!!

There is also a hanger we welded on by the turndown. You can barely see it in pics

Here are two sound clips i hope they work.
Next up is to get the rear exhaust cutouts blocked off.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Can u show pic properly installed, am interested in hanger placement.

Looks good though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can u show pic properly installed, am interested in hanger placement.

Looks good though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using GT-R Life mobile app
I gotta get the car on the lift again next week. If u look at the last pic u can see the weld on the turndown that hangs on the catback hanger

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not a bad idea honestly, as that resonated muffler is crazy quiet in general......I'm sure its still great dumping it.
Compared to my 3" midpipe and hks catback it is quiet at idle cruise and cold startup. Below 3500rpm its quieter than hks... Once u pass up 3500rpms u feel the resonance and vibrations from the dump. At WOT it sounds insane. Clips dont do it justice.

Getting my tune touched up tomorrow because of loss of backpressure turbos are def looking to overboost. Gonna get a log done tomorrow with tuner and touched up. As far as hp is concerned i am not quite sure, but i do however feel that spool has gotten better along with the incredible whistle from the turbos you hear instantly lol

·
7.9 @ 175mph (Gen 3 SBD1400R)
8,564 Posts
Yeah, we use the same exact resonated mufflers in our 4" Exhaust System.

So I'm sure it works great, may have to try it myself , as I've got a local customer wanting a dump setup for the drag strip ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts