Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Scammers in the Want To Buy forum

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Nominal266 
#1 ·
Hello fellow members, again, having to repeat ourselves.

If you post a wanted Ad and someone relatively new PM's you and offers you parts, then moving the conversation onto Whatsapp or similar BE WARY.
Same goes with “My buddy has this part, just send him an email message to _

NEVER pay by Bank Transfer.
NEVER send Paypal as a Gift.
Never trust ANYONE who is about to leave the country, or is leaving parts with friends or any other bull*&%$ story.

It's such a common scam and can be executed with success a lot more than we'd like.

So buyer beware, use common sense. And ABOVE ALL ELSE, Google the username, Google any Phone number, Google any names and Google any emails.

Google is your friend. If you have ANY concerns, PM me and I'll give a second opinion.

So, you have been warned. Stay safe out there everyone.

Your Marketplace Moderator - Gdzilla_

See less See more
#2 ·
Yup. Add Robert Bathe to those list of scammers.

#5 ·
Member McCagh01 is another as of recent. Goes by the name of Mark.

Be aware fellow members… scammers are relentless to get what they figure they are entitled to.

Reactions: Slimshady201
#3 ·
Yep!

Gdzilla_ in particular, and other moderators such as myself will be HAPPY to offer help and opinions as to safety for product buying and selling, and anything we might know about certain individual(s) or situations. In spirit, we are all in this together.

Alexd

#4 ·
They have a scrapper on this section of the forum. Anytime I make a new post, I get an email within the next couple days. Always make sure to ask for DETAILED images of the products with a name and date on a piece of paper. You'll never receive a response from a scammer at that point.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.