Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and gals I need some info/help.

I want to replace my oem premium edition seats with takata race pro le seats, I've got a friend with a great link and price from them...

I'm 6'3" 215lbs 35" waist. Id like to know if a narrow or wide version is what I need to be more comfortable and more supported while cornering.

Also what will I need for a problem free instal? Seats, seat mount, sliders, airbag simulators? What else?

Thanks and vendors feel free to weigh in with prices and parts or info and advice!

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
With any seat I'd recommend sitting in one before buying if at all possible. I've heard horror stories of people buying expensive aftermarket seats only to not fit in them. I'd assume you'd need a wide at least at your height but even then it may not be enough - JDM and European race seats tend to be on the narrower side.

For a proper seat install in a GT-R you'd need the sliders, rails, resistors to bypass the side airbags, and a spare passenger occupancy sensor to defeat the airbag warning. It's a bit complicated so it's best to read my DIY:

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/81390-diy-swapping-your-seats-for-fun-and-profit-maybe/page__fromsearch__1

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great diy thread!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts