Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for seat options on a black edition? Can't handle the stock seats anymore - way too narrow in the back/shoulders. Wouldn't hurt to have a little more room in the hips too. Good with the look of the stocks so hate to have to replace them but have to do something. Not looking for full on race trim - something with a little comfort would be nice. Thanks!

· Registered
831 Posts
i honestly couldnt picture the GTR with anything comfier than the stock seats.. stocks barely held me at corners, anything less grabbing would be an issue if u like to do twisties, canyons or track.. if u drive the car like a touring then thats a different story.. i got bride gias and love them

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i honestly couldnt picture the GTR with anything comfier than the stock seats.. stocks barely held me at corners, anything less grabbing would be an issue if u like to do twisties, canyons or track.. if u drive the car like a touring then thats a different story.. i got bride gias and love them
Need to rephrase that in I'm not looking for comfier than stock - I think the stock seats would be perfect if the side bolsters were wider. Looking for something that will give me some more room but still hold you in the seat. Don't even need comfortable - just do not want uncomfortable anymore if that makes sense. I'll take a look at the brides - thanks!

· Premium Member
2,292 Posts
You probably should specify how big a guy you are before asking for seat suggestions because what makes a comfortable seat for some would suck for others. I know I was cool with the stock GT-R seats but changed them out to Cobra Misanos for a different look and much lighter weight. They're much more aggressively bolstered but I still find them super comfortable with my 5'9", athletic Asian frame (drove them to Austin and back at 1100 miles each way before) - I'm sure a wider person would absolutely hate them though. My Cobras are European but they're built for slimmer builds than the typical American frame just like the Brides I've seen.

Recaros might be your best bet since they're put in so many different cars as OEM that several models have more generous proportions. Either way I'd go to a shop and sit in a few seats to see if they actually fit first to make a determination.

· Registered
1,226 Posts
Im 250, 6-1" and Ive had the chance to sit in both the factory seats (Premium) and the Juke NISMO RS seats (Recaro Sportster CS) and the Jukes are way better. These are the seats the Spec V and NISMO GTR comes with overseas (carbon back though). Much more supportive and fits wide shoulders/ legs. Higher bolsters on the bottom but they wont let you slide around. If you can find a set from a Juke NISMO RS- they are Red and Black so they would match your interior and have side airbags

· Premium Member
2,292 Posts
Im 250, 6-1" and Ive had the chance to sit in both the factory seats (Premium) and the Juke NISMO RS seats (Recaro Sportster CS) and the Jukes are way better. These are the seats the Spec V and NISMO GTR comes with overseas (carbon back though). Much more supportive and fits wide shoulders/ legs. Higher bolsters on the bottom but they wont let you slide around. If you can find a set from a Juke NISMO RS- they are Red and Black so they would match your interior and have side airbags
The Juke seats are reskinned Recaro Sportsters I believe so it goes with what I said that Recaro tends to have roomier bolsters than the Cobras and Brides I've seen and sat in.

· RED GT-R
524 Posts
Has anyone confirmed that the NISMO Juke RS seats fit and hook up with our GT-Rs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.