Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

For the first time over the weekend I tried to get into my GTR with my helmet. I didn't fit! I'm 6'2 and I'm sure that there are people taller than me racing in their GTR's (I believe Ray Hoffman is pretty tall).

What can I do here? What are my options?

I tried to telescope the wheel while leaning the seat back, but there's no way I would do that on the track. I need to know what seats sit lower, I am a larger framed individual: 6'2, 250lbs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Do you have the seat all the way down? I'm 6'2" 220 and fit just fine with a helmet.

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I do have long legs, maybe you just have a long torso, lol. Most aftermarket seats actually sit higher than stock, which sucks for us taller guys.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Send it to Will at Unique autosports LOL.

If it is a real problem, im sure you can get aftermarket seats with custom mounts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Low down seat rails if you have aftermarket seats might help you out.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I'm just a tad over 6 ft and my helmet almost touches the headliner with the OEM seat at it's lowest point. I now have a Recaro Profi XL with sliders, mounted as low as possible with a custom bracket, and it's the about same height as OEM.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
Some badass seats that sit low and are stylish, look at the recaro cs sportster seats. Still fully adjustable and sit pretty low with allot of support.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts