Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
@LaserGeorge
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there it is, I started a new thread to dedicate this occasion. Again, I realize others are faster and more powerful, but this is a personal goal I have wanted for so so so very long. The sad part is that AAM completed this car WAY over a year ago, but my work keeps me too busy to track the car. This timeslip has just been buried like a priceless gem, waiting to be discovered. I could have been playing with the rest of you all this time...

I have so much more to say, and will add in the details later today. I just returned from the long drive and need to see my family before I continue (yes, I came to tell all of you first!)

60': 1.716
330: 4.382
1/8: 6.524 @ 115.28
1000: 8.375
1/4: 9.940 @ 143.73

Full body car, full interior, stock wheels with the original runflats that came with the car. All of my travel bags, tools, cameras, computer all in the car since I was solo at the track and did not trust it left on the ground.

I drove 6 hours each way to MIR. No trailer. No creature comforts removed from the car. Thank you AAM, thank you NISSAN, thank you ゴジラ!!!!!

NOW I am ready to put on those TE37SL's and see what happens next! I am soooo excited! Some in car videos available if they captured ok, and maybe exterior video if I am very very lucky.

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
Congrats I wish I would have stayed to see it. I knew you would get it, nice meeting you maybe you will come next time also

·
@LaserGeorge
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MS109 @ 28PSI

I intended to run straight Q16, but made a mistake on the way back to the track and accidentally FILLED the gas tank at the pump instead of the bare minimum needed to make it to the gate. Fell asleep while pumping: really. I drained what I could but ended up watering down my expensive fuel to mush. When I tell the whole story of staying up all night to drive out, etc it will all make sense.

·
@LaserGeorge
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jimmy, it is really a great track you have there. Everyone was awesome. Import, domestic, fast, slow... even the track officials. Jason is the man. Everybody is so polite and seems to be on your side. It was like having a support crew on site even though I was alone. I needed the moral support!

I can drive 1 hour to my closest track, but there are so many bad apples... so many. Can I join your crew? : )

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
congrats Seven! you have a lot left on the table!! to do it on run flats is amazing!!

you have a 9.6 car just get 18's MT and take that spoiler off ..

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Fantastic achievement for just driving in on RFs with a full load of equipment & tank, too. I bet Vegas is spot-on w/ his prediction. Run it near-empty w/ Q16 & DRs--you'll be flying. Congrats...

Do you have built internals?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
George it was an absolute blast at the track this past Friday! Congratulations on the 9's I cannot begin to tell you how happy we all are for you here at the shop! Can't wait to see the video

·
Registered
493 Posts
Awesome to see that you've cracked into the 9s on RFs. And you'll just keep getting faster once you get the superlaps mounted and make a few more passes to get the launch down. Congrats!!! Looking forward to the videos.

·
@LaserGeorge
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stock internals... for the moment ;)

I am hoping there are some track days left this year to play with tires, and other variables.

The rear superlaps are sitting here in my garage, but the M&H tires are backordered! I received a call last week with this update, and I was quite sad. So I have to roll the dice on the M&H delivery schedule or pick something new. 11" rear, 10" front. Anyone have another tire idea?

I'm skeptic about this spoiler time increase! I guess I have to try it and become a believer!!

Videos: Yes! So many videos! Camera was moved many times to different views, but my favorite was looking backwards. I hate seeing the wheel hop in first, but in second the sound of the tire slip sounds like ripping off sticky duct tape. I never new that sound could be so sexy!

So what is the consensus here? Strive for best time on RFs with empty car and sans spoiler?? Or hunt down tires and go flat out in pursuit of the time?

·
@LaserGeorge
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Note above about tires: I only want to order tires ONE time, and hoping the same tires and rims would support anything I decide to do to the engine over the winter. 1200HP?? More? I can dream....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats.... Hopefully I'll be joining you in the 9 sec club in a few weeks... Just as soon as AAM finishes my motor...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats! Was it a private track day or a test and tune? Did they say you needed a roll cage? I live 1 mile from a different track in Md. Very strict on helmets and roll cages especially if you are in an import. Haters. Still trying to find the perfect removeable roll cage.

·
@LaserGeorge
107 Posts
Bob! Get that car together. Any interest in running at import vs domestic in November?

Still no DR's have arrived. Naked rims sit here waiting, but too busy with work to play at the moment anyways.

Talk to Ben at GT-RR. He has access to a roll cage with removable cross bar. That's what I am using so my son can still ride to church on Sundays

So is anyone else running at this event? ( importvsdomestic.com ) A big problem I see is that the rules state maximum 3 friction surfaces for your clutch. This must be changed, or classify us as auto? Or perhaps add an exception for stock transmission styles?

·
@LaserGeorge
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have owed the forum a full reply to this! It is an AAM GT-900R package. I'll get the full list out shortly!! I even have great video!! (sure, sure... we'll believe it when we see it!)

·
@LaserGeorge
107 Posts
Some other time slips uploaded. Others are earlier in the day in the heat, still on runflats.

Wish I could combine the best of each!

One has best 60' time, other has best 1/4 mile trap, other has best 1/8 mile overall and best 1/4 mile time

Best 60': 1.657 (vs. 1.716 on best 1/4 mile time)
Best 1/8 Trap: 115.28
Best 1/8 E/T: 6.524
Best 1/4 Trap: 144.03
Best 1/4 E/T: 9.940

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts