Nissan GT-R Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I sold the love of my life...my GT-R to make room for our second child (which my wife is now pregnant with). So, my wife bought me a new Rolex Daytona for our 5 year anniversary to "try" to make me happy. I already own a ceramic Rolex GMT II and a Breitling Navitimer World. Quite frankly, I just never wear this watch (maybe 5 times since it was bought in September of 2011.)

I have everything that came with the watch, box, papers, etc...

It is a V serial number (meaning it's the newest model available). There's a 5-7 year waiting period to buy this piece at an authorized Rolex dealer.

I'm asking $12,500 for any of you willing to pony-up.

·
Stop the persecution of Falun Gong
224 Posts
Sweet watch my friend.

I really like Rolex's.

I am partial to Tag's, however.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck with the sale. Hey, at least your wife tried. That's a great gesture from her.

Did you put it up on RolexForums.com?
Yeah, put it on there yesterday. I also have some brokers working on it for me as well. She did try and it was a nice gesture, but I REALLY miss my car. No watch will ever fill that void! Funny thing is, she just bought a new Escalade. Funny how that worked out.

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
Nice Rolex but man, someone explain why there's a 5-7 YEAR wait on this? I know very little about Rolex's.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
The stainless steel version is more desirable due to weight and pricing and they do not make a ton, hence why people can sometimes get over msrp for them on the secondary market.

·
(.)(.)
181 Posts
GLWS its a great looking piece! also interested in that breitling navitimer =P

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yeah, put it on there yesterday. I also have some brokers working on it for me as well. She did try and it was a nice gesture, but I REALLY miss my car. No watch will ever fill that void! Funny thing is, she just bought a new Escalade. Funny how that worked out.
Wow, that happened to me too! ( except for the pregnancy part )
When I had my 2004 STi, my wife insisted that I sell it and buy an QX56 so that the family could take road trip vacations and the like. 3 months later she traded in her car and bought a Saturn Sky. It is funny how those things work out. I managed to turn things around a few years later though. Now she is driving the QX and I have my GT-R!

Anyway, GLWS and congrats on the new little one thats on the way. May he or she be born healthy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Correct, 40 mm. Much smaller than the Navitimer World which is 46 mm. Actually, my Ceramic GMT II feels bigger and heavier than the Daytona. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in public wearing a SS Daytona. They are indeed very rare and they have been sky-rocketing in value. Some of the earlier models are going for north of $40k!! As for the GT-R, I DID get a brand new F10 535i BMW, so it wasn't too bad, but I did tear up a bit. LOL.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Very nice watch I wish they come out with a larger model soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.