Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Ecu Connect Dashboards are now available for free on IOS and Android app (ECU Connect). Even if you don't have ECUtek you can download and install the ECU Connect app for free and use it in demo mode.

Info on how to make your own or install dashboards (.edf) can be found here:

https://ecutek.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/categories/115000812469-ECU-Connect

This post is for sharing your dashboards with others.

Here is one that I've put on my Iphone 6 and an Iphone 6S Plus that some what resembles the R35 MFD. The other is a carbon fober backdrop and white gauge faces.

Here is a google drive link that has dashboards for Iphones 6-8, X, XS and amazon tablets. Both completed dashboards and template pics can be found in each folder.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B8hSbT3YpIu-eUxFMkoxMDNaLUk?ogsrc=32

For the Template pics:

1. Click on the one you want, save it to your camera roll (on my iphone XS this done via clicking on the "...." on the top right corner, selecting "Send a copy", then "save image".

2. Open up Ecu Connect, click the settings icon, select demo mode Nissan GTR.

3. Scroll back to the main page and click "My Car" and then "Dashboard".

4. Tap on the screen to show the settings icon, click options, click background image and select the image you saved to your camera roll, click done.

5. To load widgets, tap on the screen to show the settings icon and select the "+" sign on the bottom. You can set up your own widgets for flex fuel or for pump gas etc and you can also set up alarms as well such that the screen flashes if ECUtek detects -3 knock or hits 125% on STFT.

For Completed Dashboards:

1. Click on your device that you are using, pick landscape or portrait layout that you wish to use. Pick the style you prefer.

2. On the file that has the extension .edf click on the "...", select "open in", select Ecu Connect. The screen should flash "Dashboard Successfully Imported!"

3. In Ecu Connect, click "My car" (use demo mode if not connected to the car), click "Dashboard".

4. Tap on the screen to show the settings icon, click the folder icon, pick the dashboard you just imported, click "switch to this dashboard". You can modify the dashboard to your own preferences. So feel free to use as is or change the widgets or even the alarms.

5. If there is an error message about widgets, it most likely is because you picked a dashboard that is not compatible for the device you are using.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reserved

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Demo of a Nismo dashboard on a 8 tablet....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice work!

I was going to ask if there was a post where we could download and share dashboards for the GTR. I will give this a try

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Nice work!

I was going to ask if there was a post where we could download and share dashboards for the GTR. I will give this a try
I've asked the site to allow for the upload of edf files so we can all post and share them from one place. Till then, the ones I made are hosted on my google drive for people to use if they wish..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok so NOOB with dashboards here but I have tried to download from the ecu site and also from the google drive from Wicked. I keep getting the error widgets will be too small. I have tried on iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 plus and iPhone 5s. all with the same error. I have successfully downloaded to a full size IPAD. Is there a trick I am missing. even though the one on the ecutek page says iPhone 6 plus it gives me the error. I have read where it says to convert but it will no save the file to the iPhone to take any action. I will attempt to change on the iPad and then share with the iPhone.

any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks is advance. M

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Which dashboard do you like? I can send you the background and you can load up the widgets yourself.

Now that Phase6 is out some of those widgets will need to be changed anyways.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wicked, do you have those in the landscape view? I just switched to an android tablet to avoid the iOS 11 shenanigans. The metal and black ones are nice! Thanks!

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Now I just tried again and they loaded on ecu connect perfect. Come on man. Lol.

Any new ones to play with. Thanks for the reply!!

M

quote name="Wicked" post="3657746" timestamp="1509307250"]

Which dashboard do you like? I can send you the background and you can load up the widgets yourself.

Now that Phase6 is out some of those widgets will need to be changed anyways.[/quote]

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wicked, do you have those in the landscape view? I just switched to an android tablet to avoid the iOS 11 shenanigans. The metal and black ones are nice! Thanks!

David

I personally run an Android tablet as well. I have one that is almost complete and can upload it when i get back from Sema.

cdba73b7170d6858648e44eebb6ecf87.jpg

Here

I'll post up my mount pic next week.

Now I just tried again and they loaded on ecu connect perfect. Come on man. Lol.

Any new ones to play with. Thanks for the reply!!

M

quote name="Wicked" post="3657746" timestamp="1509307250"]

Now that Phase6 is out some of those widgets will need to be changed anyways.
[/QUOTE]

Yes when i get back I'll finish off the other android ones.

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Iphone6 and 6S backdrops for dashboards. Includes Portrait and Landscape views.

Widgets will have to be added in manually with these.

Send me a pm if you have an iphone 7 or 8 and would like to test fit a dashboard.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Landscape Dashboard for Amazon Tablet 8HD.

One pic is a demo pic, other pic can be used to load your own widgets.

For the complete edf file click on the google drive link in the first post.

Attachments

·
Technician
751 Posts
Haven't had a chance to play with the dashboards yet. Does it matter what device they were made for?

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haven't had a chance to play with the dashboards yet. Does it matter what device they were made for?
Not sure on that
Yes. Those completed dashboards are specific to certain devices they were created for. They may work on other devices but the widgets may not line up.

So far I've only made them for the devices I have in my possession....... iphone 6 and 6S both standard and plus and the amazon fire 8 HD tablet.

·
Technician
751 Posts
Yes. Those completed dashboards are specific to certain devices they were created for. They may work on other devices but the widgets may not line up.

So far I've only made them for the devices I have in my possession....... iphone 6 and 6S both standard and plus and the amazon fire 8 HD tablet.
Gotcha. I am using an ipad mini 3.

·
Technician
751 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts