Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Now that I've gotten some seat time, I wanted to give you guys an update on the my thoughts regarding my Switzer Ultimate Street Edition 93 octane only setup so far. Bottom line up front, it's the best car I've ever owned and quite possibly the best overall car I've ever driven.

The most direct comparison that I can make would be a comparison to some of the cars that I drove over the last four days in TX. Most notably, I drove a TTG on pump, Supra on E85, and my rental for the trip was a SLS AMG. I raced cars and bikes in all three, and got a very good feel for each of them. I wasn't able to take my car to TX due to some transporter issues that I had no control over. Fast forward to tonight, I just got back from a 30-minute drive in my GT-R. All I can say is WOW. Driving other cars really makes me appreciate my GT-R. It's a freaking rocket ship that feels faster than all of them, and more refined than everything but the SLS. Obviously we all know that the efficiency of a GT-R is hard to match, but when you spend some time in a car other than a GT-R, this fact becomes more apparent. So, let me try and identify the characteristics of the build that I suspect you might be most interested in:

Acceleration: The car flat rips. Yes, there are indeed faster GT-Rs out there, but those cars are either much louder than my car, require E85 or race fuel, are more laggy, or a combination of all three. My car is very fast with no drama, no loud clutch/exhaust/gears, and it does it on any 93 octane fuel you want to use. I'll be heading to the dragstrip very soon to see what I can run and will provide those numbers the same day. The car will be ran exactly as it is on the street (full-weight, full interior, R888s, 93 octane). Lag seems to be about the same as a P800, which means it spools very quickly. One thing about this setup that really stands out is that it pulls very hard up top. Where a P800 sort of flattens out in the upper-rpm range, this sucker keeps pulling harder and harder all the way to redline. I freakin' love it.

Driveability: Very close to stock. Idles perfectly, starts immediately, and has zero hiccups. I've driven it in 75 degree weather down to 40 degree weather without any perceptible differences. Once the real hot weather arrives, I'll have more info for you. The exhaust is slightly louder than stock inside the car, but 10x times better sounding outside. The Titanium is louder overall than my 90mm, but doesn't sound as good. Drives exceptionally smooth in both auto and manual modes, but when you are on it in R the clutch locks up hard. This is a good thing, as less slippage is easier on the clutch and will make it last longer.

Feel: The pads that come with the build are better than stock. The springs keep the stock ride, but allow a aesthetically appealing drop. Not too low, however, as I don't scrape on my driveway. Everything else is how a stock GT-R feels; tight and controlled at pretty much any speed.

Build quality: Phenomenal. I would honestly put Switzer's build quality up against any tuner, not only in the GT-R world, but also the Porsche, Lamborghini, and Supra worlds as well. And believe me, I've been up close and personal with many well-known setups. Tym's build quality is awesome. Period.

Okay, that's it for now. I need to hit the rack. If you have any questions, let me know.

Scott

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how far does a tank usually get you when you're not trying to achieve liftoff?
My computer tells me 23 mpg when I'm out of boost:) No idea what my mileage is when in boost. 8? LOL.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
sounds like a perfect 100% street car . congrats and some big words considering your were driving A TT lambo over the weekend!!

I suspect you will trap 152-154 basing off your 4.3 60-130 time . very impressive. enjoy with good health!

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No inside vids yet, but I'll plan on getting some. That's a good idea.

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds like a perfect 100% street car . congrats and some big words considering your were driving A TT lambo over the weekend!!

I suspect you will trap 152-154 basing off your 4.3 60ft time . very impressive. enjoy with good health!
Thanks, Sam. As usual, you are way more optimistic than I am.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Thanks, Sam. As usual, you are way more optimistic than I am.
who knows.. brother
4.3 on 100% flat road is fast.. Mike wads ran the same and trapped 156.. so Im giving a little discount 3mph.. MIR is also a fast track.

·
R36 Member
6,049 Posts
My computer tells me 23 mpg when I'm out of boost:) No idea what my mileage is when in boost. 8? LOL.
wow that sounds awesome. do you mind trying to get 23 miles on a gallon to see if you really can do it? one of the things that is keeping me from pulling the trigger (apart from the fact that I've got some saving left to do) on a GTR and tuning is I don't want to DD something that invariably gets <15mpg. thanks in advance and i totally understand if you don't care to test for this.

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
wow that sounds awesome. do you mind trying to get 23 miles on a gallon to see if you really can do it? one of the things that is keeping me from pulling the trigger (apart from the fact that I've got some saving left to do) on a GTR and tuning is I don't want to DD something that invariably gets <15mpg. thanks in advance and i totally understand if you don't care to test for this.
Sure. I'll see what mileage I can get on my way to the track next month. I'm actually curious myself.

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
who knows.. brother
4.3 on 100% flat road is fast.. Mike wads ran the same and trapped 156.. so Im giving a little discount 3mph.. MIR is also a fast track.
Ha ha, we'll see. I can tell you that after overlaying the data, Mike's car pulls noticeably harder than mine from 100-150. That's where his extra power really starts to show.

·
Sneak
247 Posts
We all know its been a long journey, so im glad you're happy with the new ride..

Look forward to seeing you at MIR sometime soon.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
very good. Very hard for a tune car to achieve stock like acceleration but you say car is close with all that power? wow!!

·
AMGfan
2,786 Posts
Scott...I am glad you are so happy with the package. Sound like a true sleeper...no drama...just speed and lots of it. Great to hear you mention about build quality...gives me a great feeling to have my GTR in such good hands.

Jon

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
I love the setup, and I would definitely pick it if I could afford it right now, but until then, I'm just going to be a silent hater

Wish I got a chance to meet up with you at TX2K12, I'm always interested in meeting enthusiasts and talking cars

Definitely one of my favorite setups, and I hope you enjoy it in the best of health

-AJ

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Ha ha, we'll see. I can tell you that after overlaying the data, Mike's car pulls noticeably harder than mine from 100-150. That's where his extra power really starts to show.
ahhh... inside info!

you said you did the 60-130 in 3rd gear? you should try 2nd gear start

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Scott - like I said earlier - I will be watching your results very closely - like yourself - with some additional - ummm - wisdom (alright years dammit) - having less drama is a good thing. I'm very excited to see your track results - congratulations and enjoy!!!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts