Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Black Edition
20 Posts
Actually this is the car I had and have sold for my dads highlander. I used the funds for a down payment on a future property though. The GT-R is next and I may pull the bullet this month. I do agree with a lot of people but still in the decision making phase. Still tryna get a test drive but all these dealerships aren't up for it. Let's see
Yah man, me too. I just have to drive one and see. But I always wanted a GTR so who knows.

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,224 Posts
"Absolutely"?

I personally would say, "M3/M4 (S58) is slightly better of the line, with both GTR and S58 reaching 1/4 mi. around the same time in stock form"

However, where the GTR does shine is when there is deep pockets for rebuilding engine/trans internals (> 700hp). Dollar for dollar, I don't think there is anything out there that can touch it, yet. Which in other words is in line with your last statement.
The only thing that rivals a fully built GTR in the MOD world is TT huracan/R8s.

·
Registered
2022 Mexico Blue M4 Comp xDrive
340 Posts
The only thing that rivals a fully built GTR in the MOD world is TT huracan/R8s.
You are right. Which is what I meant when I said, "when deep pockets are involved, GTR all the way" (paraphrasing).

In the meantime, for us mere mortals: Login • Instagram
is still a viable alternative for those who want to go fast but not spend a fortune. Note: I believe the attached 9.7sec 1/4mi. clip is a stock M4 w/ FBO (no bigger injectors or pumps req'd)
Note: Visconti tuning is partnering with FemtoEvo (Russian tuner) to unlock and tune the DME(ECUs) on these humble S58 engines.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts

Nissan Ending Development Of Combustion Engines, Except In USA: Report
Instead, the company will invest heavily in EV development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Mexico Blue M4 Comp xDrive
340 Posts
I do think an M3 or M4 would be better for someone who wants to do a few simple mods and still have a beast of a car.
It would be interesting to see what percentage of GTR owners are stock, FBO/e85, and beyond. If I were to guess, I think less than 15% are beyond FBO/e85 and most are stock or at FBO/e85. Which at that level, right now there is an M3 putting down 801hp/666tq and pulling 9.7sec. 1/4mi. measured w/ draggy (posted the video on the 'Other Vehicles' section . However, I personally am concern about the longevity of the engine at those power levels without any internal upgrades.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Think the M5 is as good as a real as the 3/4 and you get the extra cylinders and massive amount of tq snd weighs less than 300lbs more. Max tq at like 2900 rpms makes them a blast. Low 10’s and 136+ traps.

It’s nuts to think where this whole market has gone.

JB4 is a piggy back too, so no ecu recordings and takes like 3-5 mins to install. Swap off before service.

Reactions: gixy2k

·
Registered
30 Posts
It would be interesting to see what percentage of GTR owners are stock, FBO/e85, and beyond. If I were to guess, I think less than 15% are beyond FBO/e85 and most are stock or at FBO/e85. Which at that level, right now there is an M3 putting down 801hp/666tq and pulling 9.7sec. 1/4mi. measured w/ draggy (posted the video on the 'Other Vehicles' section . However, I personally am concern about the longevity of the engine at those power levels without any internal upgrades.
And that's another benefit of the GTR platform vs the S58 cars, it's been out so long that it's limits are well documented. I'm new here and currently stock, but if I wanted to get to 1000 hp I can ask here and one of dozens of you GTR pros will tell me exactly what I need and where to get it done in like 2 seconds.

I commend those guys pushing a new platform, but there's much bigger risk being the guinea pig.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts