Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently running a FBO e85 tune on cobb. Ive been thinking about adding rolling anti lag but the tuner said that it could damage the stock turbos and they spool up just fine so its really not necessary. Wat do?

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
I've been running it for about 3 months now with no issues How would it destroy a turbo? It spools the turbo and that's what turbos do, they spool. Mine only get 3-5psi anyway

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I've been running it for about 3 months now with no issues How would it destroy a turbo? It spools the turbo and that's what turbos do, they spool. Mine only get 3-5psi anyway

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app
I think it has something to do with retarding the combustion so much that it detonates too late or something like that. Im 100% sure someone with a lot more info than me will chime in soon.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Normal turbo operation uses the energy in the exhaust to spin the turbine. Antilag works by essentially exploding unspent fuel just before the turbine to allow it to spin when not enough normal exhaust heat expansion is available to spin the turbine.

This is a lot more wear and tear on a turbine than normal operation.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've been running it for a while and probably over 40+ Rolling launches so far.. It's safe from what I have been told .. ( Besides it is so much fun that you wouldn't worry about anything lol .. Such a great thing )

·
Registered
645 Posts
It's a time retarding process meaning combustion will happen partially out side the cylinder and let all explosions and banging hit turbine blades directly... This with the time can damage blades and bearings which will cause play in the shaft.. I was told it's not good for stock turbos but once you upgrade then it will be fine.

In my case am doing rolling launch and do my best not to keep it more than 2 seconds. But still I know I might damage them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
51 Posts
The purpose is to not over heat the turbos. If you use it let them cool down some would be my advise. Rolling Anti Lag certainly is well worth using but be cautious how often and long you use it.
Good question by the way. Plenty blow there cars up anti lagging all over the place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts