Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to install some carbon fiber side skirts on my car. I really do not have any directions. I have taken off all the screws from the bottom of the OEM side skirt. I have removed the plastic grommet from the front and back. It appears that I need to take off the door sill with the GTR symbol. Does this just pull off?any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
144 Posts
could you post here link to another thread please.
my stock 09 sideskirts are flimsy, because they are attached by grommet/clip only. Im wondering what other parts im missing to properly install them, if you have photos of that zone i would really appreciate it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I am apparently computer challenged, I do not know how to post the link. However if you search (even the GTR life search works) the following:
Rexpeed Side Skirts - Fitting advice please

[email protected] does a nice job of describing the installation process. Even though the thread is about Rexspeed, the side skirts that I installed are Zele. I had to use a dremel to adjust a couple of slots like in the pics. I also had to re-drill some holes on the bottom when placing the screws back, but the install feels solid. Hope this helps you. You can pm me if you have any questions about your install. You may need more of the white clips. Also you should have screws in the bottom of the OEM skirts.

Thanks for the description Dave!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
When you get to the install can you please answer a question I have? Are the stock side skirts a two piece design on each side and do the Rexspeed or aftermarket side skirts designed to attach to a piece that attaches to the underside or do they replace this 2 piece stock side skirt?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I replaced my 09 stock skirts to Zele aftermarket ones, only one piece came off. I took out the screws from the bottom of the stock side skirts. I the removed one plastic clip/grommet type attachment from the front and rear fender well. After this the side skirt would pry away from the frame of the car in one piece. An outer shell so to speak. There were white plastic clips (male ends) that needed to be transferred to the aftermarket side skirt. These would pop back into female counterparts already in the frame.

I did not remove any second part of the side skirt that attached to the frame of the car. The Zele after market side skirt did not come with those pieces. I can not speak about any other aftermarket product. I believe those secondary pieces remained on the car. They are what the screws attach to that you remove in step one.

I hope I helped and was clear enough. Should have taken pics, but did not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts