Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GTRide
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sigh - it was a sad day down here in the Florida Panhandle!

I was backing out of my driveway onto the street yesterday, looked both ways as usual, nothing behind me, so as I backed up making my turn to parallel in my lane, WHACK - there was my brother-in-law who I thought had already pulled away, but was in a blind spot and didn't leave me enough space to completely back into the road. I was shocked because there was no one coming either way and wondered who just hit me! Alas, backing up is that drivers fault. This was at most 2 or 3 mph.

Anyone know how much this might cost to repair? It looks to just be the rear end cap, but I don't know what all is behind it.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like the damage is bellow the rear bumper support. Looking at eBay, you can get a bumper for around $500. You will just need the rear lip also. If it was me, I would fix it myself. You need to think about your deductible and when you are getting rid of it. It will show that it was in an accident.

·
GTRide
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like the damage is bellow the rear bumper support. Looking at eBay, you can get a bumper for around $500. You will just need the rear lip also. If it was me, I would fix it myself. You need to think about your deductible and when you are getting rid of it. It will show that it was in an accident.
Thanks for the info. Will it show up even if I fix it (or get it fixed by others) or just if I file a claim?

·
GTRide
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all replies. I don't think it should warrant a claim since it is probably just cosmetic and happened at such a slow speed. My wife was actually more distraught than I was! It ruined her for an entire day!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you're able to get it pulled out, the paint is the super easy part.

Purchase a 3M scratch kit, make sure to get the version to attach to a drill.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003NS5NK8

It's a great price right now, $12.96, or $11.02 if you want to wait 9 days, to choose the subscribe & save option (15% off), then cancel it, once it ships out/arrives.

Even in areas where you think you removed your paint, it has an unnatural ability to return it to normal. It removes part of the clear coat (or part of paint, if it was really deep) and then you buff and polish it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.