Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Troller
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the admins consider instituting a signature size limit? Some signatures are as large as 640x480.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I agree with this. It’s unfortunate when you have to 'enforce' etiquette, but some of these people’s images are larger than most people’s 'for sale' size images.

·
Turbo AWD or Nothing
1,223 Posts
+3

Smaller sigs would reduce alot of the clutter when trying to read through a thread.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
There is an option in your control panel to disable signatures

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
My signature picture is 640x480, even I think it's big; but I don't know how to reduce it. Can someone tell me how to reduce the size. Thanks..

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
You were one of the people I was talking about

Here are smaller version of your photo, all you have to do is use Mircosoft Office Picture Manager and 'edit pictures' 'resize' and pick a preselected ratio. Which is what I did to get you these:

400:

300:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
You were one of the people I was talking about

Here are smaller version of your photo, all you have to do is use Mircosoft Office Picture Manager and 'edit pictures' 'resize' and pick a preselected ratio. Which is what I did to get you these:

400:

300:
Looks good, thank you! I like the smaller size much better, this definitely cuts back on a few pages on all the threads I am subscribed to! LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Awesome, its a win for everyone!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lol you guys are complaining about sig sizes? Yours are all ridiculous! What matter is vertical real estate, so if you really want to shrink your sigs just put everything in ONE LINE like me with no picture...
Ok well I deleted my sig long ago but it used to be just one long line with everthing listed in that one line with no pic... It looked very clean. If we want to know what you got we will look for it. You don't have to advertise like a cheap furniture store...

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
That's a great shot of your car, I think a bit larger photo would work.

I guess I'm a violator...so I did a self imposed resize. All for keeping the peace.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
We disagree obviously. I think horizonal realistate is perfectly fine to 'use up' becuase the width has to be there anyways to read the content of peoples posts, what is NOT required is 8 inches going down, as it forces you to have 8 inches of 'gap' between everyones posts, 3 inches I think is reasonable, more then that, not so much.

Again, IMPOSE a standard, and I will be the FIRST to follow it. Thats the point in this thread, someone asked that it be considered, and even if I am a 'violator' of it myself (which I dont think I am) I will gladly comply.

It likely seems like symantics to you, but wide and short is actually much better then skinny and long, when it comes to signatures.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
8 inches going down, as it forces you to have 8 inches of 'gap' , 3 inches I think is reasonable, more then that, not so much.
wide and short is actually much better then skinny and long
Just joking around, man. I actually enjoy the pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Just joking around, man. I actually enjoy the pictures.
I think you had a good argument, and I got a bit of a chuckle off of it. I was just explaining myself incase you were serious

Thanks!

Jon

·
Registered
601 Posts
Agreed, on various other forums there is always a restriction on image size. Here on NAGTROC not only are there huge images, there are embedded videos, list of 10 cars.... Im disabling the sig in control panel.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts