Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Gun Guy
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of swapping to single turbo with external gate but was curious if anyone could recommend a good tubular manifold for this. I've been into other cars alot but this is my first nissan boost project so help is needed. Just curious what to stay away from and what has been tried and works. Thanks in advance for your help

· Gun Guy
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw a very interesting video comparison between single and double and the everyday drivability seemed more what I wanted. The aussies seem to like the 6boost manifold with a gtx turbo and I've found very good priced kits. I know I'll have to run some oil lines and few other things but I'm cool with that

· Gun Guy
37 Posts

· Gun Guy
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could you share info about the package you found?
Go to YouTube and search gtr rb26dett twins vs single turbo mythbusted. It is by motive DVD very interesting write up I liked the results they got from the test

· Gun Guy
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Registered
461 Posts
I'm pretty sure boost logic and full race both make sick single turbo manifolds for the RB25/26

Sent from my SM-G900V using GT-R Life mobile app

· Gun Guy
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Before switching out turbos; what's your main objective for the projects? How much power do you want to get out of it?
I'd be content with 450. It currently is at 355 whp and is a blast to drive. It just seems the lug sometimes at lower rpm in 4th and 5th and I find myself shifting more than usual. This is my 1st 5 speed car everything else has been 6 speed so haven't dealt with that lugging issue. I feel with the single turbo that will go away. I spend way more time on curvy back roads than I do at a track.

· Dream Crusher
2,744 Posts
I'd be content with 450. It currently is at 355 whp and is a blast to drive. It just seems the lug sometimes at lower rpm in 4th and 5th and I find myself shifting more than usual. This is my 1st 5 speed car everything else has been 6 speed so haven't dealt with that lugging issue. I feel with the single turbo that will go away. I spend way more time on curvy back roads than I do at a track.
Oh okay. I see. 450hp is about a good range before you really need to change a lot in the engine. You can't go wrong with 450-480hp

Looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with your car.

· Registered
9 Posts
Why not just go with upgraded wheels in the stock housings? You could go with billet compressor wheels and steel exh wheels and it would still be less money than converting to an aftermarket kit. Its going to spool nice on the street too and sound ridiculous. For 450hp Imho it seems like going to a single is overkill $$ wise and headache wise. Big wheel stockers are a little more stealthy too. Unless you just want to scare the piss out people with a gigantic snail.. I get that then have at it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.