Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful morning , wife went to church , so me and my faithful pet Jake went for a drive into Calgary. Jake is a little 12# dog and usually just lays in the passenger seat napping. Well this time he steps up on the console to get a pet and steps on the ignition switch. Next thing I know we are slowing down as engine has stopped. I put it in N and tried to start but no go. Tried putting on brake while coasting still no start, Pulled over to shoulder, stopped put in Park and stepped on brake pushed the button and away we go. Nice that I can get up to traffic speed quickly (lol) Am I missing something on the start stop button operation or is this way it works. Press button while driving and you must stop to get it started. So much for setting something on console while driving......

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
The owner's manual says if it is pushed and held for longer than 2 seconds it will cut the engine. Another way is to push it 3 consecutive times.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Beautiful morning , wife went to church , so me and my faithful pet Jake went for a drive into Calgary. Jake is a little 12# dog and usually just lays in the passenger seat napping. Well this time he steps up on the console to get a pet and steps on the ignition switch. Next thing I know we are slowing down as engine has stopped. I put it in N and tried to start but no go. Tried putting on brake while coasting still no start, Pulled over to shoulder, stopped put in Park and stepped on brake pushed the button and away we go. Nice that I can get up to traffic speed quickly (lol) Am I missing something on the start stop button operation or is this way it works. Press button while driving and you must stop to get it started. So much for setting something on console while driving......
Pretty useful experience to share. Glad to read it worked out smoothly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also when I parked (locked car) and left him in the car while ran into the service stn , when I came back the acc. light was on and dash was lite up......he may have just stepped on button as I was getting in........... Not a great invention by Nissan!!!!!

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
LoL at those cheap looking things, Also the price is a joke,
The maker of that was a member here and now is on Heritage, I agree those look so cheap and cheesy I don't understand how so many owners bought it - It would be different if it looked OEM or looked like it belongs there - but it really does not. The price was much cheaper when he originally made them. Either way - too ugly and not worth even a fraction of the price its sold for in my opinion. Honesty I was stoked about the covers until I saw the product at which point my subjective opinion was as stated above.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am glad you did not wreck it. I have heard worse stories. That is why the person who was on here developed it. There are more than one design if you search on ebay. They are also on www. since as I have learned he got removed from this site. And price is not that bad considered before the only available cover was $700.00. Even now it is still $600.00.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-R35-GTR-HIGH-QUALITY-DURALUMINE-ENGINE-PUSH-START-COVER-10y-15y-GT-R-/151734473036?hash=item235414514c&vxp=mtr.
So $200 cover or chance you will have to spend $$$ on repairs. I chose the cover

·
Premium Member
581 Posts

·
Vendor
28 Posts
The push button ignition works similar to the old school hard key. Touching the button once is just like turning the key once and will turn on your radio. Press it again and it will turn all your accessories on. Do it again and it will shut the car off.

Sent from my SM-N900P using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 20 of 29 Posts