Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Nismo with stock down pipe, Akrapovic Evolution exhaust system. engine is stock. Do you think I will pass SMOG?

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,265 Posts
do you live in Cali?

·
Registered
206 Posts
You need to have the stock map installed to pass. Aftermarket cat back exhaust will pass and run with a stock map. If you reinstall the stock map make sure to put 200miles on the car and 15 cold starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 premium
16 Posts
I have a similar setup with stock down pipes and a 4 inch non-resonated midpipe and exhaust system and I pass every year.

I heard they check for the stock mid pipe with a mirror. I have aftermarket also but I haven't done my smog yet. Just wanted to ask?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I passed both times with a mid pipe and cataback. I had to reinstall the stock intakes and injectors only. Fuel pumps you can leave in. Put once you flash the ECU with the stock map you need to put 200 miles and 15 cold starts to pass.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I passed both times with a mid pipe and cataback. I had to reinstall the stock intakes and injectors only. Fuel pumps you can leave in. Put once you flash the ECU with the stock map you need to put 200 miles and 15 cold starts to pass.

200 miles and 15 cold starts are ONLY required if you have permanent DTCs showing. If you don't have P-DTCs and all your emission monitors are set to ready - then you're good to pass the emissions portion of the test. Visual inspections though vary by smog stations.

·
Registered
2013 premium
16 Posts

Do they look at the e85 set up under the hood? Or that nothing to worry about?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Do they look at the e85 set up under the hood? Or that nothing to worry about?
Depends which parts when you're referring to a "e85 setup"....most locations won't pass visual with intakes (unless it's carb approved) or BoVs installed. If you have flex fuel kit still connected, secondary air will never set to ready, so emissions will fail. Not sure which state you're in - but this is my experience in CA.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just unplug the E85 sensor you’ll be fine, but after reflashing the stock map you’ll need to put the miles on the car SBD do the cold starts.

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,265 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, very late, LOL.

L-Nismo, did you pass smog? what was done and what did you do? If they just put a "sniffer" it will pass, but not visuals if they know about the MP.

·
Registered
2013 premium
16 Posts
Just unplug the E85 sensor you’ll be fine, but after reflashing the stock map you’ll need to put the miles on the car SBD do the cold starts.

Is that the din plug connected by the battery? It comes from the flex fuel t fitting

1 - 15 of 15 Posts