Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 3 months old this has happened more than a few times, that is, (can't remember exact message) but something to the effect: NO KEY FOUND. Jiggling the key ring/fob, the key is discovered. Can of course change the battery in the fob, but wonder if this is common. All I can think of is being in BFE and this happens, at night.

Am I alone or should I report to dealer at the 1000 mile check (can of course change the battery)? I know, a dumb question but indeed other folks having this issue and it being a non-problem eases the angst.

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
No angst. Just insert the key into the door, and then place fob into the fob holder in case the battery is completely dead. You will still get in your car, and drive away.

*edit: Just change the $4 battery in the fob. Mine lasts about 3 years. I went through two batteries (one at 3 years, the other around 3.5). There is a warning you get when the battery is low.

I daily drive mine, so my fob might get more use than normal.

(key is in the key fob to unlock the driver door - then place the entire fob near the bottom left of the console as you ingress the car, there is a small light where you place it)

·
Registered
414 Posts
*edit: Just change the $4 battery in the fob. Mine lasts about 3 years. I went through two batteries (one at 3 years, the other around 3.5). There is a warning you get when the battery is low.

I daily drive mine, so my fob might get more use than normal.

Can you get the battery anwhere or just at the Nissan dealership?? Thanks

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
You can get them online, at a Nissan or Infiniti dealership or at a battery store. It is the same battery as is used in the Infiniti fobs and presumably all other Nissan fobs.

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
You can get them online, at a Nissan or Infiniti dealership or at a battery store. It is the same battery as is used in the Infiniti fobs and presumably all other Nissan fobs.
+1.

Walmart: $Tree-fiddy.

I don't remember the exact size, but it's a standard watch battery class. You could take it out, look at the size, then purchase one or two of them.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
You need the CR2032 3V Lithium battery. I bought a six-pack on eBay for a few bucks. I'm sure you can get one pretty much anywhere.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Groan, sometimes expressing oneself with the written word is impossible. My fault, my post had nothing to do with batteries but mea culpa, that's what everyone thought and as I re-read, figures.

NOPE, wondering about the fob going south. Hell, I have these batteries coming out of my ears; I'm a battery collector nut. Rewritten, should I be concerned about faulty fob? Has anyone had a fob failure, said differently.

Sorry for the misdirection.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've only had this issue when my phone was in the same pocket as my keys. Doesn't happen all of the time, but once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
but isn't the battery only for remote buttons? I always thought the fob itself was a passive rfid type system...?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.