Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SSP has come out with a new product to help stop some of the violent wheel hop that GTR owners experience. SSP has been designing a solid mount transmission kit (billet aluminum) to help keep the transmission in its place. Under sever loads the transmission mounts will allow for some movement. We believe that this movement contributes to some wheel hop. Currently there is no cure for all of the wheel hop, but this carefully designed product will help prolong the life of the transmission.

By mounting the transmission solid, you do gain some road noise and loose
some of the smooth driveability. These parts are designed for the avid weekend racer.

There are two stages to this:

Solid mounting the transmission and
Replacing the upper mounts above the transmission that are liquid filled with solid aluminum mounts also.
All together there are 8 pieces

Thank you for looking

SSP Performance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
SSP has come out with a new product to help stop some of the violent wheel hop that GTR owners experience. SSP has been designing a solid mount transmission kit (billet aluminum) to help keep the transmission in its place. Under sever loads the transmission mounts will allow for some movement. We believe that this movement contributes to some wheel hop. Currently there is no cure for all of the wheel hop, but this carefully designed product will help prolong the life of the transmission.

some of the smooth driveability. These parts are designed for the avid weekend racer.

Replacing the upper mounts above the transmission that are liquid filled with solid aluminum mounts also.

Thank you for looking

SSP Performance
so this is good for a drag racer but not really for someone tracking their car?

what is the cost of the parts and appx how much would it cost to install?

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would work in either application. The GTR would handle differently on the track due to the rear end being very stiff. We have not yet tested them on a road coarse to tell exactly how the car would feel or handle. We built them for the quarter mile track and have tested them in this application. The installation would take about 5 hours for both sets of rear mounts. We are just releasing the pricing this week on both sets of mounts.

SSP Performance

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Finally!, hehe

Thank you for looking

SSP Performance

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After installing the SSP Solid Mounts in several GTR's now, we thought be would share some before and after pictures.

The pictures below are the stock mounts and also the New Solid Mounts.

SSP

Attachments

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
so this is good for a drag racer but not really for someone tracking their car?

what is the cost of the parts and appx how much would it cost to install?
I can tell you it was essential for an EVO to have stiffer rear differential mounts for a roadcourse, due to body sway from very "squishy" bushings.

This will address the same area of the GT-R, but I don't know if it is anywhere as pronounced on a GT-R. So far, my track experience says that it is not as much of a problem, but it did take a long time for me to get to that point on the EVO.

Shawn

·
Registered
175 Posts
something I need to know is with some reports of rear housings of the transaxle cracking like on the edmunds car how does this effect it?

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
We currently have 5 sets of these installed on customers GTR's. I have only seen 2 cracked casings and I believe they were due to launching the vehicle many times.

These transmission mounts have undergone FEA and are CAD/CAM manufactured to eliminate any weak points and provide a solid foundation for your power train for near zero weight transfer or torque movement. Transmission mounts are designed to exact OEM height to retain as much factory drive ability as possible. RECOMMENDED FOR TRACK USE ONLY, WILL CAUSE EXTRA VIBRATION TO THE GTR'S CHASSY.

·
vincemims
125 Posts
We currently have 5 sets of these installed on customers GTR's. I have only seen 2 cracked casings and I believe they were due to launching the vehicle many times.

These transmission mounts have undergone FEA and are CAD/CAM manufactured to eliminate any weak points and provide a solid foundation for your power train for near zero weight transfer or torque movement. Transmission mounts are designed to exact OEM height to retain as much factory drive ability as possible. RECOMMENDED FOR TRACK USE ONLY, WILL CAUSE EXTRA VIBRATION TO THE GTR'S CHASSY.
Kris,
Did you mean the casings were cracked before they installed these or they cracked after these were installed and launched several times.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The casings were cracked before we got the transmissions for repair. We ended up putting 2 new tail sections on the transmission off of donator transmissions.

We have not seen any transmissions break with these new mounts on them.

SSP Performance

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

what do you mean by TRACK USE ONLY extra vibration to the chassis?

does the car break down faster? rough on the road? wear out other parts?

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We would recommend it for track use, because the ride of the GTR does get a little stiffer. We are replacing the liquid filled mounts with solid aluminum mounts. You will feel a moderate amount of vibration increase coming from the rear of the car. We have not experienced any other parts failing during our testing in the rear of the car, due to adding the solid mounts.

SSP

·
Registered
175 Posts
yes there will be more vibes in the car as the vibe now travels through the gearbox housing and shakes it and will crack it. we need to know if there is any real testing of this part or it was made up for something to do

1 - 14 of 14 Posts