Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone

New to the community just picked up a 2013 Nissan GT-R 3 weeks with only 800 kms on it (garage queen) and this car is amazing. Coming from the lifted truck community this is quite the change and a welcomed one at that. Driving the car stock was awesome, but once the bolt-ons went in at (2000 Kms) and Ben did the tunes it was a different animal. The forums have been great with providing me with so much knowledge about what parts to get, what tuners to use and giving me lots of solutions to a few problems I have had. After the all of the bolt-ons I added, I experienced all of the known rattles from the transmission and drone from the exhaust as I went with an all cat less setup from the turbos back. I read on the forum about sound deadening the rear seats and rear panels as well. I know that this has been discussed at nauseam, I just wanted to chime in with a sound deadening material I used. The product is called Noico 80 Mil X 36 Sq Ft Self-adhesive Foil & Buty. The product really worked. I have used Dynamat Extreme and also second skin in my previous vehicles. This product is 60 bucks for 36 sq ft shipped with amazon prime and an extra 8 bucks if you do not have prime. I have a bunch left over and plan on doing the trunk as well. It did an amazing job with quieting down all of the rattles and the drone I was experiencing. I just wanted to share this with the community that this is a cost effective material that does wonders. Money saved on small things like this can be put towards more mods!!!!!

Attachments

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
I noticed they have black as well. Is there a difference other than the color?

· Hey girl, you got a soccer ball? Thought maybe we
923 Posts
Get closed cell mat to make the most difference in sound deadening. Also doors should be a priority for reducing outside noise as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
1,228 Posts
I did that in another vehicle and its a mess on a hot day. Worked OK (Fat Mat) but what a mess.

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
I ordered the black and went with the free 2 day shipping. It was around 70.00 with the roller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.