Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hii all...

i got a used 2009 GTR and it has like 23k miles, it look clean and everything fine but i have few issues you guys might know better than me in GTR as it's my first time to have any sport car :

1) When the gear in 1st and the car in idel if i press the accelerator little bit to make the car move slowly i hear sound like rattle and its kinda noticeable when the car is cold , however when the trans is warm the sound is quitter but you can hear it. is this normal?

2) when the gear changes from 1st to 2nd , it feels its changing hard not smooth like from 2nd to 3rd .....6th . is this normal?

3) when stopping for traffic light or etc ,,, the gear down shift the downshift is loud and noticeable specially the 1st gear , the sound of changing gears is loud , is it normal??

4) the car jerks in low speed specially when trans is cold below 60C , it jerks and makes me get annoyed and even in reverse the same thing happens. any suggestion? they told me to do clutch alignment ?

5) how often i need to change the transmission oil? every how many miles?

the above might be normal for sport car , if not please let me know how to make it fixed.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
This is all normal.

You may have different clutch engagement feel for even or odd gears (because each clutch can be adjusted individually). Noises are normal. Gear changes are smoother when warm.

Fluid changes approx 18,000 miles.

*edit, if you'd prefer more creep (like an automatic), you can have these touch points adjusted.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welcome to the world of the GTR, enjoy the odd noises and the jerky bits, its all part of the charm
+1 on adjusting cluth, you cam do this with an ap006

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for sharing you experience , now iam really relieved to know that all my issues are normal

iam really enjoying every part of the car ... i wish if i had the GTR long time ago ....

ill do the clutch adjustment this week and ill come back with the result, i might as well change the transmission oil.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i went to the nissan today to take my car for the clutch adjustment , and i have asked them if it's possible do the upgrade to LC4 as its much better in gear change and few other things but they refused !! and they will do only the clutch adjustment but i think that LC4 will help alot.

anyone tried LC4 on 2009 ?

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
Nissan can't/won't do an upgrade to LC4. Its outside of their real capabilities. It has been tested in the aftermarket, but its still not 100% working on all cars.

There is no real incentive for them to do it retroactively for the older cars. This is where the aftermarket steps in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts