Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has probably been discussed before, but I cannot seem to find it on the search engine. My question is that I'm looking to go with the H&R spacer kit 15mm in front and 20mm in rear. I'm also looking to lower the car with swift spec r springs or something in that manner. I plan on adding this to my stock setup with black edition rims and Dunlop tires. Will I have any issues with rubbing/clearance? Any info will definitely help as I am learning basically as I go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Monster, also, will I need to get camber control arms and links or would this setup be fine as is (spacers and lowering springs)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have same setup. H&R Spacer and H&R springs no rubing with stuck tyres and Rims and I lunch the car really hard no rubing. But I need extra grip. My question is will I rub if I replaced the tyres with Michelin 285/35/20 square. I heard this cambanation pretty good and have good grip and quite. Please no Toyo R888 if there is any other options will help if Michelin not in stuck.

Please help as I need to replace my tyres ASAP.

Thanks in advance

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
I have same setup. H&R Spacer and H&R springs no rubing with stuck tyres and Rims and I lunch the car really hard no rubing. But I need extra grip. My question is will I rub if I replaced the tyres with Michelin 285/35/20 square. I heard this cambanation pretty good and have good grip and quite. Please no Toyo R888 if there is any other options will help if Michelin not in stuck.
285s up front with a 15mm spacer will definitely rub.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Sorry to intercept but didn't want to make a separate thread for this - will 25mm in the rear on a stock premium '15 wheel setup rub if dropped on swifts?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
A little more feedback. I ran a similar setup with Eibach springs with no rubbing for a long time. However I eventually installed the Whiteline upper control arm bushings to correct the negative camber and once I adjusted the camber I started getting rubbing. I went to I believe a 10 mm front spacer and now all is good.

·
I Haul Ass
1,871 Posts
I ran the 15mm set up on 255s up front. Under compression, it did rub a little. Now add a 285 tire. Are you seeing the picture I'm painting? No need to go search. This is the answer.
And I'm running 15mm h&r all around with stock Dunlops on be wheels. No rubbing. Mpss width in 285 mounted on a stock 9.5" front wheel is pretty much same as stock 255 Dunlop.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the feed back Guys there is a lots of useful information on this. But i am not in clear picture as yet if get this tyres 285/35/20 no way I can go back. I need some one who experience this issue I am counting on you all with this plz help. or any other option will have a good grip like stuck size I wouldn't mind I use my car for rood race and it should be summer tyres.

My setup at the moments is H&R specer front 15 back 20 with H&R springs which given me .75 drop.

Thanks to you all in advance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts