Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GT-R Premium
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know that OEM NGK are what everyone recommends.

My tuners distributor shipped me Denso FXE24HR11. From what I can see, this is G37 plug, but does reference the GT-R.

The tuner wants me to gap plugs to .030, and I see the stock NGK is close and these are .044.

Im having trouble finding information on these plugs compatibility, has anyone any experience with these plugs?

Will they work just as well or better than the NGK when gapped correctly or do I need to send these back and ask for the original NGK?

for reference, the car will be flex fuel full bolt on

·
Registered
2009 GT-R Premium
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m all for aftermarket stuff; but some items I keep exactly OEM. All sensors, oil filter and spark plugs are the top three in that very short list.
I agree 100%, but tuner believes there is some method to the madness behind it so I was wondering if anyone knew something I didn’t.

I think I’m going to go ahead and order the NGK and not chance it.

·
Registered
10,365 Posts
Never know - tuner may have found issues with NGK and/or gap for their tunes.

If it’s a reputable shop and they have a lot of cars out there - I’d do what the tuner says.

I run Plugs HKS M45HL gapped at .020 per my tuner.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yup run the same plugs, def a suggestion to listen to your tuner/mechanic there is a reason they are suggesting what they are. Maybe ask and see the reason behind what they are suggesting.

·
Registered
2009 GT-R Premium
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup run the same plugs, def a suggestion to listen to your tuner/mechanic there is a reason they are suggesting what they are. Maybe ask and see the reason behind what they are suggesting.
Me and the tuner go way back, I have def asked but he wasn’t super clear. Seeing at least one other person with them puts me a little more at ease!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts