Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just got my car back today about 5 pm this evening and all I can say is that the car was returned in perfect condition! SPE did such a great job that I couldn't even tell that there was work done to it. Currently I have the 104 Unleaded tune on it which is 924/751 and the car is scary fast. I will also be purchasing a V Box from SPE in the next day or so to record how fast the 60-130 is and whatever else everybody records. I just bought a Sony HD camera from Best Buy that is supposed to be top of the line and 2 Motorsports Go Pro HD cameras from SPE. I will be posting videos as much as I can every couple of weeks or so. I'm supposed to be running either a Supra for $5,000 this coming weekend or a mid 90's DSM Eagle Talon for $2,500. I feel like I should be able to beat either one of them. I also found a dealer that can easily get VP C16 so those races will be done using that fuel instead of the 104 just to make sure I stand a chance. Here are a couple of pics and a vid.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice! It's good to see so many monster GT-Rs local to me
I would be interested in seeing these races go down and checking out the car. Although I think my GT-R might get jealous...lol
Not a problem I can definately meet up. I really hope that the Supra shows up this weekend as I'm really not pressed to run that DSM 4GLTE piece of crap...LOL...

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
What is a SPE1000R? I know what a SPE1000 is

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a feeling you will do fine in your races. Go from a dig!
Thanks thats what the game plan is. It has LC1 on it. I took my dad for a ride in it earlier and he is a believer. He has a 1970 Nova with one of those old school 468 big blocks in it and all he has done for the past few months is talk trash. I wish I could have recorded the look on his face when the car launched with the LC1 and I took it all the way up to 4th gear. All he could say is you weren't joking about the power.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
looks fast ! SPE does do great work

do you have a tune for c16? or are you planing on throwing it in a 104 tune?

congrats! car looks to be in low 4's 60-130

·
Vendor
2,420 Posts
Glad everything is going well Cranberry and appreciate your support! Once you throw in the C16 map, you will definitely wake her up.

Eugene @ SPE

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks fast ! SPE does do great work

do you have a tune for c16? or are you planing on throwing it in a 104 tune?

congrats! car looks to be in low 4's 60-130
Yes I have a tune for the C16. It is very hard to attain in my area with all of the local tracks closed but a fellow member by the name of "X" came through for me and his buddy that works about 45 min from me ordered me some which should be here in 2 or 3 days. Even though it was $75 per 5 gallons I feel that it is well worth it. I told him that I wanted 30 gallons which should be a good start. By the end of the week depending on the weather I'll do a V Box for the 104 & C16 and post up both results. If it is low 4's like you say it may be I'll be extremely happy with that! The car breaks traction at 80-90 and I have Nitto 555r's on the front and Nitto Nt05r's on the rear.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Yes I have a tune for the C16. It is very hard to attain in my area with all of the local tracks closed but a fellow member by the name of "X" came through for me and his buddy that works about 45 min from me ordered me some which should be here in 2 or 3 days. Even though it was $75 per 5 gallons I feel that it is well worth it. I told him that I wanted 30 gallons which should be a good start. By the end of the week depending on the weather I'll do a V Box for the 104 & C16 and post up both results. If it is low 4's like you say it may be I'll be extremely happy with that! The car breaks traction at 80-90 and I have Nitto 555r's on the front and Nitto Nt05r's on the rear.
I would expect on c16 and 1024whp on a mustang dyno to get you 3.8's!! should hurt the supra's feelings ( race from 45mph ;-)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Congrats on the build!
Btw,don't sleep on those old-school Talons..some of them are FAST&will take your money if you run from a dig..they are very light compared to a GTR&run well into the 9's just like your car does

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Congrat on the car. Talons with auto tranny, big turbo and nos are bad news. They are build for the 1/4 mi. Hopefully both races are from dig.

Congrats on the build!
Btw,don't sleep on those old-school Talons..some of them are FAST&will take your money if you run from a dig..they are very light compared to a GTR&run well into the 9's just like your car does

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.