A little more than a year ago we received a call from a customer in Canada named Shawn. Shawn is an avid exotic car collector who likes to regularly take his machines out to track and run the 1/8th strip. Shawn was looking to upgrade his stock 2009 GT-R with the HKS GT570 kit. He chose us to build his car because he had seen the reliable work we've done in the past with various R35 GT-R builds. It became only a matter of time before Shawn would get the craving for more power. A year later Shawn was in contact with us once again wanting just that!
At this point in time Shawn was looking for power that he could clock mid 9′s quarter miles in at the track. Put simply… more brute power at a reliable level! We had the perfect solution for his needs, our SPE1000 kit. Our SPE1000 kit utilizes Twin Greddy TD06SH turbos re-engineered to SP specifications. In conjunction with a *SPE spec built block, *SPE spec fuel system, and *SPE spec tune, we're able to boost the VR38 motor upwards of 950+ horsepower. After Shawn received SPE1000 he happily ran the 1/8th mile at the track and consistently clocked in 6.35 -6.50 times doing over 100 launches in the process. At this point Shawn is content with his SPE1000 built GT-R. Shawn sent us his SPE1000 GT-R once more to get it a bit more track orientated. Shawn opted for a wingless look by picking up our Titek carbon fiber trunk, as well as a Titek center gauge console and TiTek center shifter console, and Bride Vorga racing seats to keep him secure while at the track. Shawn also upgraded his existing exhaust to our Titek titanium race exhaust and race mid-pipe. The LSD was replaced with an OS Giken TCD and Whiteline sway bar with endlinks were also added. To finish off Shawn's new look we paired his GT-R with 18′ Volk Racing Superlaps 9.5F /10.5R with Mickey Thompson P305/35′s on all four corners.
- TiTek carbon fiber trunk
- TiTek carbon fiber center console gauge console
- TiTek carbon fiber center shifter console
- TiTek carbon fiber side skirt
- TiTek titanium race mid-pipe
- TiTek titanium race exhaust
- 20mm Whiteline sway bar with endlinks
- 18" Volk Superlaps 9.5F /10.5R with Mickey Thompson P305/35′s on all four corners
- OS Giken TCD differential
Pictured above is the Titek carbon fiber trunk lid as well as the Titek carbon fiber center console.
The beautiful Bride Vorgas have a nice snug feeling, but allow for larger framed individuals.
The 20mm Whiteline sway bar strengthens rigidity to the R35′s chassis allowing for better handling on the track.
18′ Volk Racing Superlaps 9.5F /10.5R with Mickey Thompson P305/35′s on all four corners add for a great deal of gripping surface.
The OS Giken TCD is an amazing looking piece of machinery over the stock unit.
And finally the VR38DETT equipped with SPE1000 package:
SPE1000 STAGE 4 SPECS:
~ 91 Octane - 950+ HP
~ C16 Race Fuel - 1100+ HP
SPE LONG BLOCK
- SPE Spec Full Blue Print and Balanced Race Short Block
- SPE Spec H Beam Connecting Rods with Carr Fasteners
- SPE Spec Forged Pistons 95.5mm Bore
- SPE Spec Nissan Main and Rod Bearings
- SPE Spec Metal Head Gasket
- SPE Spec Camshafts 256/264 Degree with 10.25/10.50mm Lift
- SPE Spec Spark Plugs Heat Range 9
- SPE TD06SH 20G Turbo x2 (SPE HYBRID) 950+ HP
- SPE Spec Stainless Tubular Manifold
- SPE Spec External Wastegate
- SPE Spec 29R XL Intercooler (294x710x115mm core)
- SPE Spec Aluminum Intercooler Pipe
- SPE Spec Blow Off Valve + Charge Pipe
- SPE Spec Cold Air Suction Pipe Kit
- SPE Spec 1000CC Injectors
- SPE Spec Dual 340LPH In Tank Fuel Pumps
- SPE Spec Fuel Pressure Regulator and Fuel Gauge
- SPE Custom Tune
- Pump Gas Map
- Race Gas Map
The GT-R receiving a detailed wash to complete the project.
We're eager to get Shawn's car back to him with his new drag-prepped look, and to see what new times he can acquire.
- Eugene @ SP Engineering