Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Shifts3ctor in October, I got a chance to run a 918. For a stock car, it is ridiculously FAST!
Owner of the 918, also owned a Ferrar f12, Bugatti and a P1 along with a couple 650s. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sp engineering did an amazing job building me a 950 hp Street car that can be daily driven.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Great run!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
what was the trap speed difference. I let one get the jump on me and I trapped 197 and he trapped 170 and still beat me. If you had left together he would have got you. But, sleeping is losing and he slept.

Here, I slept

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
what was the trap speed difference. I let one get the jump on me and I trapped 197 and he trapped 170 and still beat me. If you had left together he would have got you. But, sleeping is losing and he slept.

Here, I slept

The end of the video show trap speed for both cars. I believe it was 174-Porsche and 180-GTR

Sent from my SM-G928P using GT-R Life mobile app

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
The end of the video show trap speed for both cars. I believe it was 174-Porsche and 180-GTR

Sent from my SM-G928P using GT-R Life mobile app
Yea that's the original video....this other video is vs a silver 918 where the 918 got the jump...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We left the line maybe a half second apart.. maybe a second. The way the 918 was disappearing from the second angle, I don't think it would have mattered. If both cars launched at the same time and I hit 180 and he hits 174, Wouldn't it be the same result? Not a drag racer and that was my second time half mile racing.. so not sure.

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts

Here, I slept

Main difference in your race is that you didn't launch. OP did. You were reeling him in hard though on the big end.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
We left the line maybe a half second apart.. maybe a second. The way the 918 was disappearing from the second angle, I don't think it would have mattered. If both cars launched at the same time and I hit 180 and he hits 174, Wouldn't it be the same result? Not a drag racer and that was my second time half mile racing.. so not sure.
he can still ET you and win.

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts
was more concerned about MPH. Has been my experience on my car that launching makes zero diff. on the big end.
I agree if speed is all you are going for. My car is the same. Launch makes no difference in trap speed at the 1/2.

However you are the one that said " [background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]I let one get the jump on me and I trapped 197 and he trapped 170 and still beat me[/background] ". So if you were only concerned with trap speed then he didn't beat you. Which is it?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I agree if speed is all you are going for. My car is the same. Launch makes no difference in trap speed at the 1/2.

However you are the one that said " [background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]I let one get the jump on me and I trapped 197 and he trapped 170 and still beat me[/background] ". So if you were only concerned with trap speed then he didn't beat you. Which is it?
i figured I had enough power to reel him in but I just was more worried about dialing in the car, not spinning and getting toward that 200 goal. If i was actually more concerned about beating him I would have launched the car and tried harder on the tree.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.