Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and the GTR community. I recently had an incredible experience with Speed By Design that I'd like to share with you. First a little background about myself. I have had many different cars in my 42years. Some of these cars include Corvettes, Porsches, Ferraris, Lotus and BMWs. I have had many after market tuner cars as well including a new c6 corvette with a stroker motor and other full mods. This is, however, my first Nissan GTR.

In August of 2012 I purchased a new 2013 black GTR. I was happy with the car overall but had a few complaints. I felt the car was missing some midrange torque but most of all I was dissappointed with the sound of the car. To me it sounded like a vacuum cleaner on steroids. Not unlike my previous Porsche 997 911 turbo s I felt the car was a definite performer but lacked a little soul.

I then turned to AMS for a Cobb AP and a canned tune based on my car. I did notice significant gains in both torque and horsepower with the tune alone. These gains were backed up via a dynojet both pre and post tune. I still felt I wanted more, however. I searched the web and forums for options. AMS and Switzer were certainly well known and reputable but very expensive. I then found Speed By Design and decided to email Chris R.

To my surprise Chris responded within an hour to my email. He answered all my questions thoroughly and seemed to know a lot about the car. Chris and I started talking on the phone. I never felt rushed on the phone and my questions can become a bit overwhelming and perhaps picky at times. Chris never got frustrated and always made me feel like I was a VIP customer. I decided to go with the SBD700 package. I felt it was affordable and very reasonable compared to the competitors in terms of both performance and quality. There was one problem though, I lived in Michigan and SBD was in Oklahoma. In order to ship my car to Oklahoma enclosed it would be very expensive and time consuming.

Chris then offered me something I had never heard of before. He offered to fly to Michigan and install my SBD700 package for me. Well, the weekend before Christmas Brad G who works with Chris flew out to Michigan. The next morning we got to work installing the package. Brad worked from 10am until 4:30am the next day! I learned a lot during the install process and was impressed with Brad's work ethics and desire for perfection. During the installation Chris called me many times to see how things were going.

When the car was finally finished John Visconti immediately sent me a tune. We data logged the car many times with both E85 and 93 octane. John too was incredible with the speed and knowledge of his tunes. I usually got a new map back from John within 30 minutes. Together Brad and I continued to tune and test the car up until he was driven back to the airport the next day.

My impressions of the car? What a beast! The car now sounds like it should and hauls serious ass!! I have had many fast cars in the past but I can honestly say this car is incredible. Not only is it the fastest car I've ever owned but it's very drivable on a daily basis. The car has great torque on both E85 and pump gas everywhere across the power band. The car probably is a low 10 second car now! The quality of Speed By Designs parts were equally impressive. I honestly felt like the package was worth much more then I paid for it.

Most importantly, however, was the service. For those of you who are familiar with the after market tuner world you should know that service is very important and good service is very hard to find. It is a rarity to find service like this though. In my 10 plus years of buying and selling and modifying exotics and super cars I have NEVER come across such impressive service.

In the end, I would highly recommend Speed By Design, Visconti tuning and Brad G ( RIP TUNING). The quality of their products and service are amazing! The end result to your GTR will be even more incredible then you can imagine.

Thanks guys for such an amazing experience from start to finish!!!

Howard A..
i

·
7.9 @ 175mph (Gen 3 SBD1400R)
8,564 Posts
Your post is the reason Brad, John V, and I do what we do.

This is not just a business that supports our families, but our passion. I'm glad that our customers realize this through our dedication to the platforms we represent.

There's nothing more satisfying to me than a 100% happy customer.

This really made my night and I wish you all the best in 2013. Happy New Year and again, thank you for your support/ faith in SBD.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Thanks for the great review.

I'm always glad when I can be part of a new project, small or large.

I'm so glad your enjoying your car, if you ever need anything, question or tune tweak just let me know.

Im always here for my customers and forum members

Happy New Year

John

·
SBD700 Package!
84 Posts
Howard,

If I did not tell you on Sunday, It was a pleasure meeting you and spending time in Michigan. I might have been a touch tired on Sunday. Enjoy the new power and don't beat up on the domestics too much in your neck of the woods.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brad,

Thanks again and may you and your family have a happy and healthy new year! I will keep in touch regarding future upgrades later in the year.

Best regards,

Howard A.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts