Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Finishing up safety upgrade prior to hitting the track next weekend at Carolina MotorSports Park.

Driver's Recaro:

SpeedWare Tank Plate for harness attachments:

Roll bar wrap:

Passenger. Girlfriend wanted to keep the seat heater, so a four point with ASM was utilized

Passenger Tank Plate

and wrap:

Of note, it was EXTREMELY difficult to make the Titan MotorSports Roll Bar, and the SpeedWare Tank Plate work together. I stripped two bolts getting them to line up perfectly.

Both very very good products, just hard to bolt them together. They never had that in mind.

Shawn

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Shawn, the setup looks good!

Isn't the right belt (with the yellow sticker) on your passenger seat supposed to be on the left side of the passenger seat?
That's the one with the ASM function so the passenger can dive towards the center console instead of against the door in case of a crash. (Which I hope will never happen!)

How is the tank plate fixed on the floor?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't the right belt (with the yellow sticker) on your passenger seat supposed to be on the left side of the passenger seat?
That's the one with the ASM function so the passenger can dive towards the center console instead of against the door in case of a crash. (Which I hope will never happen!)
I think the ASM is preferred inboard, but the belts that I have are "polarized" this way. The ends of the belts that go into the cam lock have a certain tilt toward the cam, and must be installed how they fit. This is what I was stuck with. Unless I got the wrong thing. Just double checked the web site. Looks like the vendor sent me two drivers side belts. Crap.

How is the tank plate fixed on the floor?
Two seat bolts, and an outboard loop over the bolt that used to fix the three point seatbelt. This is why it was difficult to make it work well with my bolt in cage, they both use that outboard bolt to the three point, and they didn't want to play together.

Shawn

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.

I wasn't sure if you just could change the belts, but in that case the dealer should get you the right set.
Hope he takes care of this!
Had them for two years now - so I doubt it. Never noticed before, don't carry many passengers, except the occassional visitor to the track or random instructor who wants a ride.

Shawn

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad the tank plates finally made there. Keep us updated on the combination!
Both are extremely good products, fit and finish individually are fantastic.

Due to both products competing for the outboard seatbelt bolt mounts, they were extremely difficult to make fit properly. However, once fit, the combination is solid, and nothing moves anywhere without a crowbar and some real power applied.

It inspires confidence in case of an on track incident.

Shawn

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Of INCIDENTAL note, this bar seemed very interesting to me:

http://www.brrperfor...php?page_id=966

One of the reasons I liked that bar was that there was a bolt in floor reinforcement for that bar, in case of a rollover:

With the speedware tank plate and the titan roll bar, the combination generates a reinforced floor under a very tightly fit roll bar.

See where the Titan bar meets the speedware plate? Right in the middle.

I got lucky. I wasn't expecting that to be that "tightly" designed, and happened accidentally. Of note, I don't think either of the two other available bolt in roll bars would work with the Speedware product because they not only compete for that space, I believe they would interfere with each other. Guess I got lucky I chose these products.

Shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.