Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Funny (and sad) story...

I went out to get some 60-130 test runs last night and on the 2nd pass the car went 60-130 in 4.6!! I was so giggly and happy when I saw that on the VBOX that I immediately texted Scott/Tym/Neil to tell them about it. We were all pretty excited. So I went to the gas station and filled up with gas and came home. Came inside to send the file to Scott for verification and what do you know....I noticed the SD Card was not clicked in all the way into the VBOX slot. IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?? So I go back out and run again, twice, and both times the car went 4.7 spinning most of 2nd gear. Now I am kicking myself for filling up with gas and adding the extra weight, lol. How frustrating!!! After the two 4.7 runs I called it a night and came home and sent the files to Scott for verification.

Only my luck!

A HUGE THANKS TO TYM SWITZER and the rest of the SPI team for all of their consistent hard work. You guys rock!

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
that is very impressive!! what gear did you start and what was the weather like?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you still on the same tune you ran at the track? just wondering what my car would have ran when i ran the [email protected] .. maybe a 4.6?
Over the past week, Tym spread some of his tuning magic on the car. I don't now the specifics though.

As far as what you would have ran, I am not sure, but there is only one way to find out and that's to test it. Like I said, if you need a VBOX I can lend you one. Just let me know...=)

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
So , you took my advice. ;-) , added a little more boost..hehe

I have a vbox , bought it a few weeks ago , still sitting in the box.. Waiting for some cool nights..

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Nope. Not even 1 more psi. Logs show 24/25 psi across the entire run on my 4.6 and 4.7 run.
Are you sure it does not show 25.85 ?which is max reading on the cobb without the Aftermarket MAP sensor ?

Dont take this the wrong way.. but your turbos are slightly smaller than mine and i can feel night and day difference when i run 29psi vs. 24.. i know every tuner has their own method.. but same/+- turbos, same engine, should be more or less the same on every car..

to run a 4.6 with 24psi on gt28 wheels sounds a litte off..

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
FYI, Tym didn't raise Fadi's boost at all. The tweaks had to do with cleaning up the tune in the high rpm range. If Fadi were running 29 psi, he's be hitting low 4's.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you sure it does not show 25.85 ?which is max reading on the cobb without the Aftermarket MAP sensor ?

Dont take this the wrong way.. but your turbos are slightly smaller than mine and i can feel night and day difference when i run 29psi vs. 24.. i know every tuner has their own method.. but same/+- turbos, same engine, should be more or less the same on every car..

to run a 4.6 with 24psi on gt28 wheels sounds a litte off..
I have seen over 26.x PSI on the Cobb data before on my car, so if I was running more than 24/25, it would show.

I don't know what to tell ya. My car never made a PSI over 26.x and on the 4.6 run it was 24/25.x across the entire RPM range. It may have hit 26 once or twice, but it was very mostly steady at 24/25.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Congrats Fadi, you're car is moving...
Sam, I too am waiting for cooler weather to see if I can beat my own record of 4.55

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
Fadi ,

do you have an aftermarket sensor (boost) installed on your car ? I'll assume you do as you said you have seen 26.x

Its all good either way , congratulating on A very strong running car !

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
Fadi has no increases in boost on this new tune vs his old tune. The driveability, shifting, and consistency is where significant improvements were made, looks like it shows on paper as well as in the seat, great job Fadi!

Sam, your giant 30's in the stock manifold may be larger than our custom 28's, but the stock exhaust housing is still the choke point, making our system more efficient.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Set it to write to file. It should automatic log everything when you are driving. Both of you guys are going to get faster as weather cools!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts